• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murray v Roddick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Your opinion is wrong. Most knowledgeable commentators, hacks, journalists etc have been waxing lyrical for the last 5 years about the health, strength and depth of the fields in the mens game.

BTW have you ever played tennis at any sort of competitive level?

Yep. I won my schools knockout competition when I was 17, and have regularly competed in leagues since. Perhaps I just have a little bit more knowledge of the game than you give me credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      What are you talking about?

What do you mean by "the standard"? How are you measuring it?

We always have the top few players, then the ones below that, etc.

Having seen players of the ilk of Borg and McEnroe play in their heyday, I simply do not find players today of that class. When you get Roddick reaching the final it says everything about tennis being more about big serving nowadays.
      Federer is indeed a very good player but when you consider that he has now won 15 grand slam events it emphasises the dirth of competition that he faces. I think that Borg and McEnroe would have given him a much better run for his money than some of his contemporaries.

Comment

Working...
      X