• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murray v Roddick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Smoke on that yer scottish ****!
    I see you are a great fan of Andy Murray?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Oh Dear... Murray = Henman.
      Rusedski

Henman never reached a grand slam final, Murray and Rusedski have.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
        Rusedski

Henman never reached a grand slam final, Murray and Rusedski have.

They both lost though.

Henman, to his credit, did win some lesser tournaments as Murray has. Until Murray wins a grand slam I would rate him similar to Henman. Murray only really made this semi-final because Nadal was injured, and IMO it was one of the weakest line-ups for years. Federer is simply a class apart.

Comment

Murray only really made this semi-final because Nadal was injured
          That is incorrect. Because of seeding, Murray wouldn't have met Nadal until the semi-final.

Roddick reached the semi-final because Nadal was injured, and if Nadal had been fit Roddick might beaten him anyway on his current form.
          IMO it was one of the weakest line-ups for years.
          Rubbish. Apart from Nadal, everyone was there, and Roddick and Hewitt were playing their best tennis for five years, and Murray his best Wimbledon performance ever.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
            That is incorrect. Because of seeding, Murray wouldn't have met Nadal until the semi-final.

Roddick reached the semi-final because Nadal was injured, and if Nadal had been fit Roddick might beaten him anyway on his current form.
            Rubbish. Apart from Nadal, everyone was there, and Roddick and Hewitt were playing their best tennis for five years, and Murray his best Wimbledon performance ever.

As I said, this is my opinion after watching tennis for over 40 years. The standard has definitely fallen, but Federer is a class apart and should walk the final.

Comment

As I said, this is my opinion after watching tennis for over 40 years. The standard has definitely fallen,
              Your opinion is wrong. Most knowledgeable commentators, hacks, journalists etc have been waxing lyrical for the last 5 years about the health, strength and depth of the fields in the mens game.

BTW have you ever played tennis at any sort of competitive level?

Comment

Murray only really made this semi-final because Nadal was injured
                Murray got there because he is one of the best four players in the world. Nadal couldn't have stopped him because they were seeded apart.

Comment

As I said, this is my opinion after watching tennis for over 40 years. The standard has definitely fallen...
                  What are you talking about?

What do you mean by "the standard"? How are you measuring it?

We always have the top few players, then the ones below that, etc.

Comment

As I said, this is my opinion after watching tennis for over 40 years.
                    How very stoic of you to have persisted with this viewing when you clearly can never have understood the sport.
                    Do you persist with any other hobbies that you have no real affinity with?
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                      I'll be happy if murray never wins....the right guy won today. Next year murray should have federer and murray to contend with, so hopefully it will be tougher.
                      You really are a sad bitter little man aren't you?
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X