• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is it so hard to get a decent answer on a thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    What do you make of it?
    Cheese. I blame the parents. And the government.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      They post on a forum for intellectual heavyweights, not this one.

HTH

( www.intellectualheavyweights.com )
      Bored.

Comment

Yes funny that, almost as if there is a competition for how many sub-threads can be spawned off as tangents to the original.

It does seem the way some people respond that they are looking for a fight - they should just start a thread entitled: "come on - if you think you're hard enough!"
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          .... "come on - if you think you're hard enough!"
          Well are you? I don't think you are.
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Funny, that, innit? Like those little cliques that form at confereces that discuss something relevant and of interest despite the overall agenda being dull. Perhaps it is the anarchist in us, or conversely, how, as social animals, we bond.

What do you make of it?
            That'll be all the Contractors "networking".........
            Many years ago when I was a permie (a permie civil servant at that) I went to "Conferences" and "User Groups" earnestly thinking: "This will be a good oportunity to have a deep conversation with like minded individuals and discuss the technical and administrative issues we experience with ProductX"

I fairly soon discovered that they comprised of 3 groups:
            a) People schmooozing and touting for jobs (I don't mean this in a derogatory sense)..
            b) People "sitting it out" until the Drink up at the end when they could get ratted at others expense...
            c) The few naive ones who ticked off thier Agenda and tried to schedule in at least 4 off-line Presentations a day......

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              Yes funny that, almost as if there is a competition for how many sub-threads can be spawned off as tangents to the original.

It does seem the way some people respond that they are looking for a fight - they should just start a thread entitled: "come on - if you think you're hard enough!"
              Try to keep up at the back: SAS did that hours ago......

OFFS I am bigging up SAS now what is the world coming to???
              <Drewster wanders off shaking head in bewilderment>

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                Well are you? I don't think you are.
                You're right - I'm not! Who cares?
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  People ask perfectly decent reasonable questions and yet every thread descends into farce.

Why is this?
                  Pot Kettle Black
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    WHS. Where are the intellectual heavyweights?
                    Oh sorry, I've been busy today.
                    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
                    X