• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great British Summer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatwave alert level increases..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8128382.stm

Doomed - we're Doomed I tell you!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Heavy rain and thunder on its way here
      This is cancelled now .. I wish we had some rain from 9 to 5 ..

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Heatwave alert level increases..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8128382.stm

Doomed - we're Doomed I tell you!
        Doomed

I'm surprised we haven't had a wave of OAPs keeling over.

Comment

yeah its brilliant in the shade. Not so good in my office with SIX servers and a couple of switching humming and generating supreme heat. I haven't got much work done today. Tomorrow I'm shifting everything downstairs where it is much cooler. 'course by then the weather will cool down and return to normality (rain rain and more rain).
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            Which one, Scottish Power or British Energy? (are they both still there?)

Actually, I just thought: if you're in Giffnock which synagogue do you go to?

Don't think either of them are around now, in a small place in the Scotish Enterprise Park ironically.

Aye, Giffnock, half of Scotland's Jews in about 2 square miles. Little Israel. I'm a left footer though.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Don't think either of them are around now, in a small place in the Scotish Enterprise Park ironically.

Aye, Giffnock, half of Scotland's Jews in about 2 square miles. Little Israel. I'm a left footer though.
              Good man - so a regular Daily Ranger reader then ?

Comment

Sometimes get the Sunday Mason

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Sometimes get the Sunday Mason
                  "Who's the mason in the black"

I'm an Caley Thistle fan and we got relegated so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Falkirk go into liquidation over the summer so we get to come back up!

Comment

Had a gig at the Daily Ranger years ago, had great pleasure in telling Jim Traynor how much of an arse he was on the first day.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                      Had a gig at the Daily Ranger years ago, had great pleasure in telling Jim Traynor how much of an arse he was on the first day.
                      Gaun' yersel'

Comment

Working...
                      X