• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The biggest bumble bee in the world...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Tut tut Bogey old bean,

eaves
    Well we spell 'em EVES here, boy.

Don't start interfering with your fancy towny ways!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Apparently, more honey is produced by urban bees than by rural ones.

The biggest bee keeper society is in London, apparently. All those penthouses I expect
      I'm sure you're right - I'll ask my butler
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
        A neighbour had an attempted break-in a while back, and a copper came round here to check that we hadn't had one too. He said he'd been a copper in this area for over 10 years and that was the first time he had driven down our road.

We figured that had to be a good sign!
        Had one incident (in 13 years).

A drunken youth, from a local family of ill repute, decided to break into, and sleep in our garden shed.

God knows why - it was summer and he could have slept in the open, quite comfortably.

Anyhow, he moved everything around in the shed (lawnmower etc.) to make a space on the floor to sleep, and then the stupid ***** managed to break and cut himself to ribbons on an old mirror I had stored there.

The amount of blood was incredible. Of course, I had to clean it all up, and all he got was a small extension to his existing 'supervision order'. *****!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I saw a couple of bees humping the other day. I almost stepped on them. One was quite big and the other small one was humping the larger one. They were totally engrossed so I left them to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I saw a couple of bees humping the other day. I almost stepped on them. One was quite big and the other small one was humping the larger one. They were totally engrossed so I left them to it.
            Bees don't hump each other TW.

It was probably a smaller bee gleaning pollen off the back of a larger, hairier bee.

Comment

It was probably a smaller bee gleaning pollen off the back of a larger, hairier bee.
              It certainly looked like they were humping.

Comment

I was sure they do it at least once. SO how does the young queen get new genetic material?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

It certainly looked like they were humping.
                  Perhaps they were doctor bees poncing about instead of making honey.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Perhaps they were doctor bees poncing about instead of making honey.
                    What's your beef with doctors?

Comment

What's your beef with doctors?
                      He's probably going on about my beef with doctors that I foolishly disclosed on another thread.

No idea why (one of) Sasguru is so defensive of doctors. We can only wildly speculate.

Anyway. Bees mate on the wing. The hive swarms, follows the queen around, and the male bees (drones) mate with her on the wing.

The drones will inseminate the queen with sufficient jizz to make her a productive egg laying machine for years to come. The poor old drones get rejected from the colony and die a cold and lonely death.

A bit like Harriet Harman's ideal world view.
                      Last edited by bogeyman; 30 June 2009, 15:56.

Comment

Working...
                      X