• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fiscal Nomad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    You have to be out of the Euro Zone for at least 4 years before they consider you have gone away, then you must keep to the 180 day rule to keep away. UK changed their rules, it where you are at midnight that counts now. No more travelling days.

I think they are trying to tighten up the rules even more. 30 years ago my Dad did a stint for 18 months in the middle east - tax free earnings even though rest of family were in the UK.

Now in the Sunday Times I read about government plans to challenge tax exile status based on whether children are in school in the UK and where property is held, golf club memberships are held etc. Initially targetting the super rich it says in the article but know New Labour it won't stop there.

So that will doom the Abu Dhabi 12 month contract I have applied for - unlikely to be gone for 4 years and I'm not selling up to go out even if the family go out and the kids go to new schools.

This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
    X