• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTC new smart phone: FAIL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Yes, it does. However, no it isn't.

Answer the question, where do you get "which itself is based on FreeBSD Unix the most stable OS in the known universe." from?

You made it up, didn't you?

Go on, nothing to be ashamed of. Did you go to the same school as Threaded?
    Sigh. From OS News (http://mobile.osnews.com/printer.php?news_id=571):

FreeBSD is reputed to be one of the most robust and stable operating systems on the x86 platform. In fact, go to netcraft.com [http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/today/top.avg.html]. Notice that the top 13 servers with the longest uptimes are all either BSD/OS or FreeBSD. It currently has support for IP version 6 addresses (the internet currently uses IP v4), multi-processor capabilities, reliable TCP networking, true multi-tasking, and has binary support for Linux, SCO Unix, and BSD/OS, and NetBSD, which means that if a specific application hasn't been natively ported to FreeBSD, it can still run it as if you were running a different OS!
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      The iPhone runs a variant of FreeBSD Unix so it is stable and secure. Work it out.
      You deleted your original post, why? Because it still does not mention anything about your assertion "which itself is based on FreeBSD Unix the most stable OS in the known universe.".

You're talking bollocks!

If you think that FreeBSD is the most stable OS in the known universe sign up to this http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/lis...eebsd-security

Then have a look at some of the mission-critical/embedded/realtime OS out there.

Btw, I thought I knew everything when I was 12 too!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        You deleted your post, why? Because it still does not mention anything about your assertion "which itself is based on FreeBSD Unix the most stable OS in the known universe.".

You're talking bollocks!

If you think that FreeBSD is the most stable OS in the known universe sign up to this http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/lis...eebsd-security

Then have a look at some of the mission-critical/embedded/realtime OS out there.

Btw, I thought I knew everything when I was 12 too!
        You sir are a tool. Maybe you should spend less time posting here and more time in the real world.

I deleted my post because that link was more succinct and would be easier for your brain to process.

If you'd built and used a FreeBSD box for any period of time you wouldn't be here spouting hot air, but then you use a Nokia over the iPhone because your fingers are too chubby for the touch screen...
        You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

[Pulls up chair]
          Come on everyone - Its Friday afternoon.
          I've got loads of Popcorn...
          A few crates of Beer...
          and its all kicking off........

[Slings Beer to Churchy and Ami]
          Here you 2 need these.....

Comment

You sir are a tool. Maybe you should spend less time posting here and more time in the real world.

I deleted my post because that link was more succinct and would be easier for your brain to process.

If you'd built and used a FreeBSD box for any period of time you wouldn't be here spouting hot air, but then you use a Nokia over the iPhone because your fingers are too chubby for the touch screen...
            Where is the proof of your assertion?

There are millions of devices out there running more stable operating systems than FreeBSD.

Comment

I got it wrong and was backtracking furiously?
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                I got it wrong and was backtracking furiously?
                He's foogling!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  [Pulls up chair]
                  Come on everyone - Its Friday afternoon.
                  Well, I know I've just cadged 3 pints from a Hardware vendor I barely know, but it's definitely still Thursday.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Looks like the superiour intellect and style of Amiga500 has Churchy on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      Well, I know I've just cadged 3 pints from a Hardware vendor I barely know, but it's definitely still Thursday.
                      Tulip! Tulip!
                      Unfortunately you are 100% right....

Comment

Working...
                      X