• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is HD overrated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
    "Duhhhh look at my 60 inch plasma, its the best don't you know - only cost £5000"

Anyway, Amiga500, if you spend that amount of time in playing with yourself, you'll go blind anyway.
    My 40 inch HD LCD screen (Sony Bravia) was a New Year's bargain a few years ago at about £899... That's the cost your projector will be in a few years with a few bulbs...

And unlike your projector I can watch it with the curtains open too!
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      My 40 inch HD LCD screen (Sony Bravia) was a New Year's bargain a few years ago at about £899... That's the cost your projector will be in a few years with a few bulbs...
      Wrong! The projector will still be worth at least 50% what was paid, and with a new bulb, its as good as new. It uses all the new formats NOW whereas the technology in your TV is the dark ages. LCD wears out over time and your picture will look sh* t after a year if you use it for that length of time.

I'm sorry but you have to face it. You've overspent on inferior technology and gone in the wrong direction. You already said about breaking your back with a plasma

Considering how proud you are of tech things (like you name ),
      It must be really galling for everyone to see that you've made such a basic mistake.

If you want to really see the difference HD makes, buy a projector.
      If you're not bothered, buy a TV with motion judder

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post

And unlike your projector I can watch it with the curtains open too!
        My 42 inch HD LCD (Sony Bravia) was a Tesco bargain at £480 in April
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          My 42 inch HD LCD (Sony Bravia) was a Tesco bargain at £480 in April
          Mine is 42 inch too actually, I always quote 40 inches as it has a nice ring to it (subconscious rounding down ) That's a good price, although I bought mine when they were a bit steeper generally.
          You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
          X