• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ireland rules OK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Yeah Cork is ok - southwest would be Kerry and that neck of the woods which is very pretty.

Limerick is pretty shocking though, also known as Stab City so try to steer her in Cork/Kerry direction if you can!
    Thanks CM. Yeah, heard about the 'stab city' reputation. Shame.

She likes rural areas so would not live in any major towns/cities anyhow.

Oh. She says her family is from Clonmel, not Cork.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 24 June 2009, 12:52.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Thanks CM. Yeah, heard about the 'stab city' reputation. Shame.

She likes rural areas so would not live in any major towns/cities anyhow.
      A fellow from Limerick turned up at our rugby club last week saying he was moving to Holland and wanted to play. Good player and a nice guy; he said something similar about Limerick and had the scars to prove it.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        A fellow from Limerick turned up at our rugby club last week saying he was moving to Holland and wanted to play. Good player and a nice guy; he said something similar about Limerick and had the scars to prove it.
        Yep, I should have clarified that - I have family there too so it's not everyone!

It's just I know most people wouldn't choose to settle there. It has a massive University, big sporting Uni and it's about the only saving grace. Munster have their ground there - Thomond Park.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Yep, I should have clarified that - I have family there too so it's not everyone!

It's just I know most people wouldn't choose to settle there. It has a massive University, big sporting Uni and it's about the only saving grace. Munster have their ground there - Thomond Park.
          Probably a big 'town and gown' issue. Lots of places are like that. I was in Leicester as a Poly student and the townies hated our guts. Unusually for towns with a poly and a university, we actually got on quite well with the university crowd and regularly drank in each others union bars; I suppose common enemies united us.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm the opposite - I love going home but Manchester is a million times better!
            Than what?
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              Than what?
              Than going home to Ireland.

Hth.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

Oh. She says her family is from Clonmel, not Cork.
                Ah ha - thats where the Bulmers (Magners to you English boyos) Brewery is!

Than what?
                My home town

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Hth.
                WHS
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Mrs Rookie's brother is a Garda in Limerick. He says Saturday nights can get 'interesting'...
                  I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Hth.

I honestly didn't realise there were too many places worse than M'cstr...well except perhaps Wigan, Burnley, Blackburn...and essentially all of East Lancashire not excluding Oldham and Rochdale.

Hmm..point taken.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I honestly didn't realise there were too many places worse than M'cstr...well except perhaps Wigan, Burnley, Blackburn...and essentially all of East Lancashire not excluding Oldham and Rochdale.

Hmm..point taken.
                      There's nothing wrong with East Lancs! Or at least there wasn't!

Comment

Working...
                      X