• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First the nationalists, now the communists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So in communist Russia and todays North Korea this is where the people were/are the happiest?
    I think you will find a MASSIVE gap between the highest and lowest echelons in those.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      There's a simple way to cure these ills - set the income tax & NI threshold at the NMW (for a full working week/52 weeks a year) and scrap tax credits.

Leave those on benefits £50 a week worse off than those in full time work.

You instantly take millions out of taxation - thereby reducing administration costs to the public & private sectors, and actually give a reason to get off benefits. .
      It'll never catch on. Too many labour voting people and too many jobs depend upon a healthy and complex redistribution of wealth system
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Isn't it time you just f**ked off? Seriously!
        ?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          I think you will find a MASSIVE gap between the highest and lowest echelons in those.
          I think if you analysed the statistics you would find that North Korea has a larger percentage of its population on an equal wage than that of any other country.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So in communist Russia and todays North Korea this is where the people were/are the happiest?
            No, I wouldn't believe so. Just repeating what many studies have concluded. A lot of the countries with the highest happiness rating also tend to be ones where the gap between rich and poor is smallest.

You're jumping to the conclusion that I must mean communism, I'm not. Just repeating stuff I've read. Make of it what you will.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
              On Question Time last night Polly Toynbee said that everyone should be paid the same; to which there was a large round of applause.

I'm not sure who is more dangerous:
              Nick Griffin with his viscious hatred and racism
              or
              Polly Toynbee with her well meaning (and very flawed) ideology.
              I'm no fan of Toynbee (she's a stupid ID card lover for one thing) but that is a hideous misrepresentation of what she said. She pointed out the exponential rise in the earnings multiples from top vs bottom in companies. There is no need for it and no justification other than total venal greed as shown by some MPs

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                ?
                When people get their binary approach on things challenged, it might impact on their psyche.
                Some break down, some catch the Tourette syndrome and insult everything/everybody on sight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome

Comment

It'll never catch on. Too many labour voting people and too many jobs depend upon a healthy and complex redistribution of wealth system
                  You're right it won't fly due to vested interests but wrong to suggest it's only Labour ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post
                    When people get their binary approach on things challenge, it might impact on their psyche.
                    Some break down, some catch the Tourette syndrome and insult everything on sight.

On the other hand some people are just cretins and calling them so is a statement of fact, not an insult.

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post
                      When people get their binary approach on things challenge, it might impact on their psyche.
                      Some break down, some catch the Tourette syndrome and insult everything on sight.

I must have caught it to, cause I think you're a twunt as well
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X