• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A boat in zero gravity : would it sink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
    How does a Lagrange point benefit the camouflage properties of an alien vessel?
    Isn't this meant to be proper science rather than sci-fi?

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Isn't all science rooted in sci-fi?
      The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Well - are you sure there are no UFOs at L2 ?

Here is another clue for you all
        The Walrus was Paul

Click here to discover !!! (SFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKKHvaIkfFk
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 17 June 2009, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
          Isn't all science rooted in sci-fi?
          Isn't that a faulty syllogism?

Comment

That could be a rhetorical question ...
            The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Science Fiction is for nutters.

Aliens ? Dont make me laugh ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                Au contraire L2 is an excellent point....blah blah blah
                You think that an Alien Vessel "hiding" at L2 is the weakest "science" in
                Star Trek TNG...........

I was more worried about "Warp Speed", "Instant Matter Transfer" and Time Travel....

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  Star Trek TNG...........

I was more worried about "Warp Speed", "Instant Matter Transfer" and Time Travel....
                  Of all the "science" things, the holodeck would be the coolest ...

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    Star Trek TNG...........

I didnt say that Alien vessels lurking at L2 was weak science at all - if I was a UFO Commander - which I am not - it would be an excellent place to lurk .

Warp Speed - is possible - you meed to study the Physics of Inflation Theory which we didnt really get a handle on until 2016 - then you can travel faster than light within reason.

As for Time Travel - that is impossible.

Well - we can travel forward in Time but going backward is a tad more difficult - so Ive been told.

Never Trust -
                    A Nurse
                    A Nun
                    or a TimeTraveller
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 17 June 2009, 14:26.

Comment

I didnt say that Alien vessels lurking at L2 was weak science at all - if I was a UFO Commander - which I am not - it would be an excellent place to lurk .

As for Time Travel - that is impossible. Well we can forward but going backward is a tad more difficult - so Ive been told.

Never Trust -
                      A Nurse
                      A Nun
                      or a TimeTraveller
                      Do try to keep up........ I queried the "acuracy" of Science in ST TNG and you came back with L2 being a good place to hide an Alien Ship.... ie by directly quoting my post you implied that your L2 argument was a direct rebuttal to my "weak science" proposition.
                      I agree that L2 is not a good example of "bad" science and still contend that other better bad examples exist

NB Alf will agree with me soon:
                      Guilty as charged.

Altough ... as I explained in my previous post 'Time Travel' is impossible but 'Warp Speed' is , or relative - to yourself will be - and most important of all -

Never Trust
                      A Nurse
                      A Nun
                      or a TimeTraveller
                      See told you so!!
                      Last edited by Drewster; 17 June 2009, 14:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X