• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will they ever get it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    My point is that a report was never necessary. The UK population supported Thatcher by a massive majority and the report was only done for Labour's party political purposes who had an axe to grind over our best PM since Churchill.

I would also argue that a report over Iraq is not necessary because we all know that Blair lied. It will achieve nothing except cement Brown's job at least until August.
    I see you still haven't answered the actual question asked. Either it is too hard for you to understand or you are avoiding it - perhaps you should take up politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Hmm so why was the Franks report into the Falklands (cited by Millipede as the model for this one) secret? Presumably for exactly the same reasons.
      ... because in those days that was normal procedure. Under Brown we are supposed to be more open.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        ... because in those days that was normal procedure. Under Brown we are supposed to be more open.
        So it was "normal procedure" - like MPs "just following the rules" on expenses. If it's wrong (and it is) for the Iraq report to be secret, then it was wrong then (as I said at the time).

Comment

Working...
        X