• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about "Business Luv" Ltd

Comment

registering trademarks

how much does it cost to make a name into a trademark ?
      £200 in U.K, if it fails or succeeds. Same price for a logo. You can pay £75 for an assessment report from Companies House who will tell if it's worth your while trying to register the trademark/logo. Bear in mind that your planned logo can be challenged by anyone who has been using something similar (whether it's registered or not).

Comment

To avoid the revenue search engine hows about

#Record Deleted# ltd

Test Record Test Record Test Record ltd

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

white-anglo-reactionary,

thanks very much for the info

I'll get onto it, because I see the name of plan b, which not only related to the nature of the business, I see the name becoming a house hold phrase

Milan.

Comment

Milan,

How about "Plan B ltd", or "crusty sock puppets r us", or "tapechangers incorporated" or even ".net gravy train plc"?

DP.

Comment

£200 in U.K, if it fails or succeeds. Same price for a logo. You can pay £75 for an assessment report from Companies House who will tell if it's worth your while trying to register the trademark/logo. Bear in mind that your planned logo can be challenged by anyone who has been using something similar (whether it's registered or not).
              Now there's a thought!
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Bumping this, if that's okay.

What about (as I'm a software developer), a name with 'solutions' or 'development' after the name you want?

Some of the names I like are taken already but as things like 'xyz limited', but could I register 'xyz solutions limited' for example?

Also are there issues if the name turns out to have been trademarked? Or what if it's a name used in a fictional work? (which obviously tends to be 'cool').

Comment

My company name is so similar to that of a very well known manufacturer of super computers that I'm getting support emails (I also have the domain name too). So, PayPal account set up, get yer credit cards out if you want support. Worth a try?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    "crusty sock puppets r us"
                    I'm not crusty

Comment

Hmm, the name I'm interested in does have part of it (the first word) registered as a trademark. It's listed at patent.gov.uk as type 'DW' which apparently means "A word or words together with a device or pictorial element" and it's a name with a logo.

Now it's in a totally different industry (annoyingly a big music company so big lawyers there), and I would not be trading in any way that would surely be confused as their mark, plus I'd only be using the word not the logo. Also, there are other unrelated companies using the same word.

Comment

Working...
                      X