• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Made redundant by SMS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    The Accident Group. All the staff got shafted whilst the former Chief Exec had skimmed all the cash off and buggered off to Spain. A couple of years later a tree jumped out in front of his car and killed him so it shows some sort of natural justice exists in this world.
    for the tree.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Presuamably, for security reasons, they wont want the bods on site and their remote access is terminated, so that rules out face to face or email. Letters take forever. Maybe a phone call, but really, does it matter that much how you get the pink slip? Text is fine.

SOZ, U R SCKD.

HYFSS.

UR (EX) MGR.
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Is there an echo in this cave?
        Aaah but you missed off the 'sting in the tail'.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
          Presuamably, for security reasons, they wont want the bods on site and their remote access is terminated, so that rules out face to face or email. Letters take forever. Maybe a phone call, but really, does it matter that much how you get the pink slip? Text is fine.

SOZ, U R SCKD.

HYFSS.

UR (EX) MGR.
          Yes it matters. Somebody who doesn't have the backbone to give people bad news to their face should not be filling any kind of a management role. Maybe I'm old fashioned about this; I think the real test of 'leadership' is adversity. Unfortunately many of today's so-called 'business leaders' fail dismally on this front.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Yes it matters. Somebody who doesn't have the backbone to give people bad news to their face should not be filling any kind of a management role. Maybe I'm old fashioned about this; I think the real test of 'leadership' is adversity. Unfortunately many of today's so-called 'business leaders' fail dismally on this front.
            In the original post you expressed suprise people would choose to work for companies such as this. How are you supposed to identify and avoid them at the outset?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Yes it matters. Somebody who doesn't have the backbone to give people bad news to their face should not be filling any kind of a management role.
              How can they give it to their face without letting them back on site? Go and visit every employee at home?
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                In the original post you expressed suprise people would choose to work for companies such as this. How are you supposed to identify and avoid them at the outset?
                I'm in my 4th month on the bench, without a single phone interview in sight. My OH is making plans to sell the house: in good moments she talks of renting, in bad moments she talks of going back to stay with her mother.

If I get an offer but I suspect it's that kind of place, I should definitely refuse it, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                  How can they give it to their face without letting them back on site? Go and visit every employee at home?
                  A friend of mine worked for Nat West (years ago) - He was, along with a couple hundred others booked on a course at one of the big hotels in Manchester for a Monday morning. They got there and each had a box with the contents of their desk in them But at least they were told to their faces.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

The Accident Group. All the staff got shafted whilst the former Chief Exec had skimmed all the cash off and buggered off to Spain. A couple of years later a tree jumped out in front of his car and killed him so it shows some sort of natural justice exists in this world.
                    Aaah but you missed off the 'sting in the tail'.
                    Granted.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

If I get an offer but I suspect it's that kind of place, I should definitely refuse it, right?
                      Y, in txt spk.

Comment

Working...
                      X