• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 error messages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope his/her insurance is paid up....
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I understand that the A330 has an issue calculating its speed. It is also not regarded as a problem.
      I would suggest that in these circumstances it is and all pilots and airlines should be told why if they are not already aware.

At the sort of cruising altitudes they use to reduce flight costs the engines have a very tight operating range. The plane has to fly within a limited speed range to avoid stalling the engines. So calculating the speed would seem critical to me.
      In a storm (even reasonably mild) there are drastic turbulent forces affecting the speed of the plane and therefore the chances of the fire going out.

How the A330 is not grounded I do not know. How it is allowed to fly at any altitude or through anything but the mildest weather is beyond me.

I work in the avionics industry, but military not civil. Civil flight software is subject to rigorous standards and testing before it is certified flight safe. I can not say how rigorously the standards are applied though.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        I understand that the A330 has an issue calculating its speed. It is also not regarded as a problem. I would suggest that in these circumstances it is and all pilots and airlines should be told why if they are not already aware.

Would it be acceptable in the circumstances to make a small parp-ing noise associated typically with farting?!

Comment

I work in the avionics industry, but military not civil. Civil flight software is subject to rigorous standards and testing before it is certified flight safe. I can not say how rigorously the standards are applied though.

Well I am sure the pilots are not frigging the stack and changing variables mid flight.

Usual CUK hyperbole at action, plane falls out of sky and now it is a software problem and we should start removing planes from flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post

Would it be acceptable in the circumstances to make a small parp-ing noise associated typically with farting?!
            or a loud parp-ing noise associated typically with an aircraft engine shutting down
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Well I am sure the pilots are not frigging the stack and changing variables mid flight.

Usual CUK hyperbole at action, plane falls out of sky and now it is a software problem and we should start removing planes from flying.
              I never said it was a software problem. Usual CUK jumping to conclusions at work.
              The reason I said they should be grounded is because there is a known issue with the plane calculating its speed. That is either mechanical or software. The fact is that the speed is critical to engine ignition at high altitude.
              Do you think that it is a good idea to fly at the edge of the engines capability if you cant keep the plane in the speed envelope?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I never said it was a software problem. Usual CUK jumping to conclusions at work.
                The reason I said they should be grounded is because there is a known issue with the plane calculating its speed. That is either mechanical or software. The fact is that the speed is critical to engine ignition at high altitude.
                Do you think that it is a good idea to fly at the edge of the engines capability if you cant keep the plane in the speed envelope?
                Yes the problem might have been "mechanical or software" we obviously have an expert here chaps, why don't you call up Air France, they were working on the theory Uri Geller caused it.

Comment

"would you ever get on a plane you team had developed the avionics software for"

"Of course, with my team I'd know they was no way it would get off the ground in the first place".

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                    Normally still use c++ as the software
                    A runtime exception occured in module keeptheplaneintheair.dll at addess 0800:12345678. The memory could not be written.

Prolly one of aussielongs slackjawed c++ monkeys he was winging on about.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Before you all jump on the The Lone Gunman I might remind you that some people here know what they're talking about and just like to make you nay sayers look like fools for the fun of it.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X