• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blue screen of death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    So a very generous helping of 'Shoe Pie' for Labour from the people.

However, Gorgon, in his press conference today, insisted that 'people' just wanted him to 'get on with the job'.

How does that work, exactly?
    Well Tory voters are people aren't they? To their mind, Gordon is getting on with the job of demolishing Labour up until the next election.

It's unbelievable the way he hangs on like a limpet when half a dozen of his cabinet have resigned and several dozen backbenchers, probably most of them, want him to step down. The guy really hasn't a scrap of honour, or else he's totally deluded.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Was it something they said?
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

My only comment here is at the moment we have the "best of the worst" in charge.

Now that the Conservatives have the power locally you watch how everything shoots vertically north, especially council tax.

Comment

Originally posted by uky kozak View Post
          My only comment here is at the moment we have the "best of the worst" in charge.

Now that the Conservatives have the power locally you watch how everything shoots vertically north, especially council tax.
          Yes, this NuLiebor government have been pretty good at starving conservative councils of funds and putting extra responsibilities on them, thereby causing an increase in their council taxes as compared to labour councils.

Why people don't scream about it is quite puzzling.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Yes, this NuLiebor government have been pretty good at starving conservative councils of funds and putting extra responsibilities on them, thereby causing an increase in their council taxes as compared to labour councils.

Why people don't scream about it is quite puzzling.
            It was ever thus. Philosophically opposed Governments and councils each trying to show how useless or expensive the other is. The Government starves the Council of funds and the Council blames the Government for the hig local tax rate. The people swallow who evers propaganda that suits them.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

(Trailer) Gordon Brown's Downfall Part 3
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

When I saw "Blue screen of death" I thought it was about the Airbus 330

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Well I think we can say that Labour have had their axioms deeply and forcefully inserted into their fundaments.

They have been comprehensively wiped off the map of local British politics.

They now control no councils. Not one. Not even Lancs or Staffordshire. It's all gone.

However, on a brighter note, BBC reports this is a 'bad day for the Tories'.
                  Remember that map shows only the 34 councils who had elections. The rest aren't shown, and I'm sure some of them are still red.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Remember that map shows only the 34 councils who had elections. The rest aren't shown, and I'm sure some of them are still red.
                    I was under the impression that NL only controlled 4 in the whole Country, not 4 of those who were voting.
                    The reporting was that NL have lost all, not just of those voting.
                    I will go with what you say for now.

[edit] A quick google tells me that NL have been wiped out in county councils.
                    Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 7 June 2009, 09:24.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      I was under the impression that NL only controlled 4 in the whole Country, not 4 of those who were voting.
                      The reporting was that NL have lost all, not just of those voting.
                      I will go with what you say for now.

[edit] A quick google tells me that NL have been wiped out in county councils.
                      Have they? Wow. Even Merseyside?

Comment

Working...
                      X