• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Les Miserables 20th June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by interested View Post
    ... I fear for the future of this country; we are descending into the cultural gutter far too rapidly.
    a highly praised and phenomenally successful musical adaptation of one of the greatest novels of all time is hardly the cultural gutter. for sure, musicals are not everyone's taste (mine included) but that is too harsh. if les mis is the cultural gutter where would you place zig zig sputnik?

Comment

When I got dragged in to see it - my contacts in my phone were immaculately organized at the end. Seriously!

What a piece of tulip.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        a highly praised and phenomenally successful musical adaptation of one of the greatest novels of all time is hardly the cultural gutter. for sure, musicals are not everyone's taste (mine included) but that is too harsh. if les mis is the cultural gutter where would you place zig zig sputnik?
        I think you'll find that was Sigue Sigue Sputnik...who were a one off in a completely different musical category.

I can't believe anyone would actually like Les Mis or indeed any musicals. I've been to a few and they are complete toss. Never again.

They might be popular and successful but I noted that most of the audience in Les Mis appeared to be fat chavs from the Northern regions.

I'd rank a Chas and Dave gig above musicals in the cultural ladder any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
        X