• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My client would like your CV in a certain format....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddilling View Post
    I called the agent and asked...wtf?

Apparently the job is through ANOTHER agency, and it is them who is asking for it. So its a little more understandable how the agency I contacted is less than keen to do the paperwork for other ageny, they are just passing the buck so to speak.

Now to see if I can get my wife to do it....
    Jesus - trying to get a gig through TWO bloody agencies? Must be worse than polygamy.

What's in it for the first agency?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Jesus - trying to get a gig through TWO bloody agencies? Must be worse than polygamy.

What's in it for the first agency?
      I did a gig with this scenario.......
      Pimp 1 - Big Pimp, big offices etc etc - Advert at piss poor rate.......
      Pimp 2 (Smaller, neater, nicer????) - Advert (slightly reworded) at better rate......

I responded to Pimp 2 Jobserve.... got the gig..... Pimp 2 sent me Contract which was with Pimp 1 (beaause they are a prefered supplier and Client insists all "contracts" through them)....

So - Pimp 2 got thier cut..... Pimp 1 got (presumably) a lesser cut than they would have if they had offered a better rate up front...... but (ATEOTD) I got the best Rate..........

It was quite funny because a few days after (each of several) renewals/extensions Pimp 2 would contact me all "sweetness and light - just checking things are OK blah blah" ie Just checking if I got an extension because they (still) wanted thier cut and (obviously) didn't trust thier esteemed collegues at Pimp 1 to actually tell them I had renewed (and keep paying).....

Comment

Working...
      X