• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just bought a Merc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Because we have taste and an image to keep, and you don't.
    So what image does your black Peugeot van project exactly? Retired cab driver?

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Mikhail,

why did you buy the petrol one ?

why no the diesel ?

much more umph

Milan.
      I don't do enough miles to justify the road tax on the diesel. This one's quick enough for me.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Hugely fertile and canny with his wallet.

Comment

Loving the Aygo driver shouting the odds on cars and image

You still using the Brompton?

Comment

Is it really about image? What about comfort, luxury, personal taste, pracical needs, budget and so on?

Comment

I thought you just bought a Mac
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I thought you just bought a Mac
                No, there's a dead one on the desk in front of me. It looks quite cool but doesn't do anything. Perhaps I'll try to rescue it.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Loving the Aygo driver shouting the odds on cars and image

You still using the Brompton?
                  Yes the Brompton is still good for the daily commute
                  Aygo is a brilliant supermarket car for the missus.
                  I'm buying another for fun - only criteria is must be practical, very fast and have a huge grin factor - MPS is top of the list at the mo, but will look at others.

I really cannot understand brand snobbery.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    No, there's a dead one on the desk in front of me. It looks quite cool but doesn't do anything. Perhaps I'll try to rescue it.
                    Mount via firewire and get disk warrior to sort it out, and charge a fortune for repair services 5 minutes later.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 27 May 2009, 11:03.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yes the Brompton is still good for the daily commute
                      Aygo is a brilliant supermarket car for the missus.
                      I'm buying another for fun - only criteria is must be practical, very fast and have a huge grin factor - MPS is top of the list at the mo, but will look at others.

I really cannot understand brand snobbery.
                      Is this Mazda MPS one of those cars with a really hard suspension that shakes all your fillings out?

Comment

Working...
                      X