• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"We'll pay it back"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look lads,

calm down it's like this....

Interpretation of the rules allowed this to happen

everything was signed off as ok

today, due to many reasons, it has been deemed that retrospective decisions are today not acceptable and a newer interpretation is being made to the rules

consequently, what is so wrong with MP's offering to do the gentlemanly thing and pay back expenses which in the past were acceptable ?

why should they pay it back ?

it could be aregued it is not fair that this is being looked at retrospectively ?

why not just draw the line today with new rules and forget the past

it's because the public love it

Milan.

Comment

To : HMRC

Look lads,

calm down it's like this....

Interpretation of the rules allowed this to happen

everything was signed off as ok

today, due to many reasons, it has been deemed that retrospective decisions are today not acceptable and a newer interpretation is being made to the rules

consequently, what is so wrong with my offering to do the gentlemanly thing and pay back expenses which in the past were acceptable ?

why should I pay it back ?

it could be aregued it is not fair that this is being looked at retrospectively ?

why not just draw the line today with new rules and forget the past

it's because the public love it

Milan.

Could you please copy & paste the reply you got back from HMRC please Milan ?

Comment

he he

my point is,

ahh well doesn't matter

Milan.

Comment

Working...
        X