• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quiz III

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basshead View Post
    Two minutes in heaven is better than one minute in heaven
    Depends who else is there.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      Well to be fair - I don't think its right to say "Everyone assumed that A has to come back all the time".

Mich gave you the answer (albeit sneakily) about 10 mins after you posted....

OwlHoot - Bragged about how easy it was (although he was spouting bulltulip)
      ASB - Told him he was wrong (which suggests that He knew the real answer)
      I - (also) Implied OwlHoot was shot down flames (suggesting I knew the answer)

Don't you read any of this stuff!!
      DOH

In hindsight it's obvious the two biggest slow coaches should cross together.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        DOH

In hindsight it's obvious the two biggest slow coaches should cross together.
        Hindsight - Wonderful thing!
        PS - I am the lardy slowcoach!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I liked this response from professor shoelace:-

Professor Shoelace

“Is it more efficient to do so while on a walkway, or off the walkway?”.

If our ONLY concern is the total time taken to get from A to B, then pausing to tie while on the walkway is indeed both intuitively and mathematically a “more efficient” use of our time.

Personally, I believe it would be “more efficient” to tie your shoes immediately upon noticing that they had come undone, regardless of whether that occurred on a walkway or not. That way, one’s energies could be devoted to pondering other more worthwhile things (such as mathematics) rather than concentrating on stepping carefully to avoid an accident due to an untied shoelace.

For even greater efficiency, those who regularly suffer from untied shoelaces would be well advised to Google the problem. The short time spent learning a better shoelace knot will invariably be far less than the combined times of thousands of re-ties over the space of a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
          X