• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barfing at work ettiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Etiquette would be NOT to barf at work.... but on the assumption that if you are going to chunder anyway you could at least try a little decorum.......

I suggest running in a blind panic torwards the karsi with your hand held over your mouth with little spurts of bile and diced carrot randomly spraying onto peoples desks and laps as you pass........
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

My colleague / drinking buddy from years ago was on his student placement year.

On the afternoon of his last day, after a world-class lunchtime session, he suddenly awoke from his slumbers (at his desk) puked across his desk, keyboard, paperwork etc. then went back to sleep, head down in the chunky puddle.

The MD came in a few minutes later, woke up my mate, checked he would be coming back once he had finished his honours degree, patted him on the back and told him he could go home early, if he wanted.

Class acts, the pair of them.

Such was life in a software house in the 1980s.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

On the afternoon of his last day, after a world-class lunchtime session, he suddenly awoke from his slumbers (at his desk) puked across his desk, keyboard, paperwork etc. then went back to sleep, head down in the chunky puddle.

The MD came in a few minutes later, woke up my mate, checked he would be coming back once he had finished his honours degree, patted him on the back and told him he could go home early, if he wanted.

Top man!
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

You're not wrong!

I worked with a guy who used to keep a bottle of vodka, in his desk. He was very popular, and it was quite usual to see a little huddle in his cube, chain-smoking and sipping tepid Stolichnaya from plastic cups at 11am

Vomiting was the least of the issues, really.
          Last edited by bogeyman; 23 May 2009, 16:52.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X