• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice required on house move

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
    Pull out and look for another house. There are loads of three bedroom houses on the market at the moment, many empty. You do NOt have to buy that house and it seems too much hassle. Buy another one, it easy just walk into any estate agents and say that you have a mortgage arranged for £x amount and are ready to buy. You will bite your hand off.
    Not that we have exchanged but I'll prolly still have to cough up the solicitors fees, so maybe I will sit this one out. I wondered if the vendors have had a change of heart / circumstances and rather than pull out giving me an opportunity to sue for the survey and fees, would dick me around until I pulled out without a leg to stand on.

Really do not know what I am talking about. I have told them I will not proceed without the charge removed and confirmed in writing.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
      You will bite your hand off.
      Why? Is the agent going to chain him to a radiator in the basement?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Not that we have exchanged but I'll prolly still have to cough up the solicitors fees, so maybe I will sit this one out. I wondered if the vendors have had a change of heart / circumstances and rather than pull out giving me an opportunity to sue for the survey and fees, would dick me around until I pulled out without a leg to stand on.

Really do not know what I am talking about. I have told them I will not proceed without the charge removed and confirmed in writing.
        You've done the right thing...don't know what it means exactly, but if it hangs around, you've got to think would I ever be able to sell the thing in a few years

Comment

Wtf is a contractor doing buying a 3 bed semi to live in?

Unless we are talking inner city - then detached and band H is the only way to go, anything else is so vulgar
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I think you'll find that traditionally it was considered vulgar to talk of what you own or what money you have.

Back to the thread, god there are some muppets on here
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I think you'll find that traditionally it was considered vulgar to talk of what you own or what money you have.

Back to the thread, god there are some muppets on here
              sockpuppets

Comment

Yes, the soppy attention seeking dilema threads written from a girly-man perspective are getting very predictable. I'm coming to the conclusion there are some serious nutters posting on this site (as in mentally ill)
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  But the housing market is picking up according isn't it?

<ducks and runs for cover>
                  Not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Yes, the soppy attention seeking dilema threads written from a girly-man perspective are getting very predictable. I'm coming to the conclusion there are some serious nutters posting on this site (as in mentally ill)

I know, people looking for advice on a forum, whatever next?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Unemployment rising, reluctance of banks to refinance consumer debt= prices will continue to fall.

No boom until the Olympic buzz starts to filter into consumer confidence, therefore my guess is things won't pick uptil late 2011.

Comment

Working...
                      X