• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is SKA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was SKA...

Comment

A question for Atw -

Your CV says "Full Time" for every position you've ever had, so what are you doing on "The IT Contractor Portal"?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I shall look into it more. I suggest less placeholders and cryptic posts and more straightforward information on CUK. Good for winning support.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Your CV says "Full Time" for every position you've ever had, so what are you doing on "The IT Contractor Portal"?
          Whilst posting on here I am not actually doing much - just like everyone else on here.

HTH

Comment

SKA stands for Super Killer Application

I project of AtW's that's been his obsession (more so than squirrels ) for a fair few years.. I believe if you wait a short while there will be some interesting news, which, from the hints I assume to be something along the lines of

"ha ha ha, I've made it big and you all doubted me and look SKA is now a household name and more popular and reverred than Google or any other minor application"

.. we're still waiting
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              SKA stands for Super Killer Application

I project of AtW's that's been his obsession (more so than squirrels ) for a fair few years.. I believe if you wait a short while there will be some interesting news, which, from the hints I assume to be something along the lines of

"ha ha ha, I've made it big and you all doubted me and look SKA is now a household name and more popular and reverred than Google or any other minor application"

.. we're still waiting
              From recent posts it seems AtW is selling a backlink analysis service to SEOs (please correct me if I'm wrong AtW).

There could be an eager demand for this information from SEOs, but it is actually incredibly hard to keep the picture up-to-date, and harvesting and processing vast numbers of links is an intensely time and resource-intensive business.

As I understand it, SEOs require a fairly recent snapshot of inbound links to a given URL to make their analysis meaningful (insofar as anything issued by most SEO 'consultants' is meaningful).

Google, of course, already have this information, but have so far refused to offer backlink analysis as a service (they offer a very small sample of backlinks only).

There are already others offering this service (for free), but I think if someone popped up trying to nakedly exploit it, Google would offer it gratis.

And for that reason, ...I'm out.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                From recent posts it seems AtW is selling a backlink analysis service to SEOs (please correct me if I'm wrong AtW).
                Correct.

There could be an eager demand for this information from SEOs, but it is actually incredibly hard to keep the picture up-to-date, and harvesting and processing vast numbers of links is an intensely time and resource-intensive business.
                Indeed it's very hard, but recent SKA developments will allow to make our index much more up to date.

As I understand it, SEOs require a fairly recent snapshot of inbound links to a given URL to make their analysis meaningful (insofar as anything issued by most SEO 'consultants' is meaningful).
                Not entirely correct - typically the most interesting keywords to optimise for would have well established sites with lots of backlinks, the reason they rank so well is because they have solid backlinks from relevant sites: some urls get on top because they are popular at the time, and usually they go down as quickly.

Backlinks and anchor text analysis is the key to Google's relevancy - this is the reason SKA took step back because if search engine isn't as relevant (and up to date) as Google then it has no chance of beating them.

There are already others offering this service (for free)
                Like Yahoo offering free 1000 backlinks?

but I think if someone popped up trying to nakedly exploit it, Google would offer it gratis.
                Yes, that will do wonders for their clients who spend millions on AdWords and will instead get this free data and rank for free

And for that reason, ...I'm out.
                You lack resolve, imagination and generally balls to do something like this: that's the reason why you will never be "in" - even if you had enough money to make me interested, which you most certainly haven't - but remember that time when I asked how much you were prepared to pay for shares, I'll get back to that moment soon.
                Last edited by AtW; 20 May 2009, 18:49.

Comment

AtW thoughtfully added this hidden text to his reply, which tells you everything you need to know about AtW...

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  You lack resolve, imagination and generally balls to do something like this: that's the reason why you will never be "in" - even if you had enough money to make me interested, which you most certainly haven't - but remember that time when I asked how much you were prepared to pay for shares, I'll get back to that moment soon.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

i've got £6.5k (my holiday money for oz), on condition you change the name to 'MajSka sponsored by EO Corp' 12

what do you say?

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

AtW thoughtfully added this hidden text to his reply, which tells you everything you need to know about AtW...
                      How is it hidden? It's black on white, I supppose if you have your eyes closed then it would be hidden

Comment

Working...
                      X