• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Questions for the moderators / owners of CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about all the posters who have fun beasting the newbies? Should their fun be spoiled?

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Edit: I was having a grot about newbie questions when I started this thread.

It's probably best ignored as it's just me missing the point of what an internet forum is for.

------------- original below -------------
      I've only been here five minutes and I'm already fed up of seeing the same newbie questions: "I've lost my job so I'm going contracting, tell me how, step by painful step."

Have you ever considered collating common Q&As and bunging them in a .PDF?

I would expect if one of us did so from information posted on here, it would a breach of your copyright.

Can you, or anyone else, think of a viable business model that would:

- mean common Q&As be put together for the benefit of newbies;
      - would compensate the collator for their effort;
      - think of some other means of achieving the same thing, e.g. a CUK Wiki?
      You are entitled to your point of view. Maybe General needs to be renamed to Politics/House Prices and matters not related to contracting?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        It winds me when people get annoyed about new people posting questions that they "don't have time to respond to" yet they happily post drivel all day in TPD.
        You are entitled to your point of view.
        Have you not been taking your schizophrenia tablets?

Be careful or you'll start having those delusions again.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

No, that's still my point of view, I don't seek to edit yours when you disagree. Anyway off to get bladdered now, have a good one!
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Have you not been taking your schizophrenia tablets?

Be careful or you'll start having those delusions again.
            Will he turn into **** if he fails to take them?

Comment

Edit: I was having a grot about newbie questions when I started this thread.

It's probably best ignored as it's just me missing the point of what an internet forum is for.

------------- original below -------------
              I've only been here five minutes and I'm already fed up of seeing the same newbie questions: "I've lost my job so I'm going contracting, tell me how, step by painful step."

Have you ever considered collating common Q&As and bunging them in a .PDF?

I would expect if one of us did so from information posted on here, it would a breach of your copyright.

Can you, or anyone else, think of a viable business model that would:

- mean common Q&As be put together for the benefit of newbies;
              - would compensate the collator for their effort;
              - think of some other means of achieving the same thing, e.g. a CUK Wiki?

STFU retard.
              its simple, if you dont like a thread ignore it. If it's from a newb, be gentle, we were all newbs once.
              Quite often they have a question which is close to the FAQ but not exact (in their minds) so they post

is it so hard to leave them alone ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                <wot EO said>
                Now go back and read what I wrote with the benefit of hindsight. I think we are in agreement.
                Last edited by BrowneIssue; 16 May 2009, 22:25. Reason: Removed EO's quote
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  STFU retard.
                  its simple, if you dont like a thread ignore it. If it's from a newb, be gentle, we were all newbs once.
                  Quite often they have a question which is close to the FAQ but not exact (in their minds) so they post

is it so hard to leave them alone ?

Have you been drinking?

Just to be explicit, alot of newbies ask questions without doing any research atall. No-one has ever objected to answering questions which are not in the FAQ.

When I was a newbie I got a rough ride : its character building........

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Have you been drinking?

Just to be explicit, alot of newbies ask questions without doing any research atall. No-one has ever objected to answering questions which are not in the FAQ.

When I was a newbie I got a rough ride : its character building........
                    A bizarre thing is that a lot of newbies come on, don't even look at the RHS and see that there are FAQs and first-timer guides, plough right past the stickies without seeing them, and don't stop to think that they might not be the first with their questions; then get told by the oldies to RTFM; and then happily go off and do so. It's not that they won't read first, it's that they can't seem to get to it.

ISTM that they are just overwhelmed by the press of information, so they look for something that they can handle: human contact.

I promise therefore to try to be more human

Comment

It winds me when people get annoyed about new people posting questions that they "don't have time to respond to" yet they happily post drivel all day in TPD.
                      I have a very good response to that Baggy, but I'm too busy responding to stupid newby questions to post it
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X