• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices will go up

Those of us with the foresight to purchase cheaply some of the 75,000 repossessed homes and let them out to the dispossessed are the ones who are helping to give the economy a boost, and give the unfortunate a roof over their heads (at least until they stop paying rent)

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Grey Slates will remain - Grey Slates.

PS anyone seen any cybermen in this forum ? nah cant be true ...

Comment

Originally posted by gordonbrown View Post
        You obviously don't understand economics.

It is only a paper debt. Every country has a so-called debt, which means when it's all totted up, nobody owes anybody else any REAL money.

I have moved some of this paper money to the banks, so that they start lending again. People can start spending their hard-earned credit cards and maximising the equity in their properties, and we will return to the steady growth that has been a hallmark of my government.

I say again, the robust credit opportunities I have engineered makes the British economy better placed than any other to emerge from the downturn.
        This all sounds depressingly true of the governments intentions for recovery.

Since I'm benched and have all the time in the world these days, I flicked through the HM Treasury's vision for the future of financial services.

The whole thing smacks of 'business as usual', and getting back on the gravy train asap. There is no 'real' bank reform guidance, and no splitting apart of the banking system to separate commercial deposit banking and investment banking.
        Its a big steaming pile of poo

Comment

Working...
        X