• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wednesdays job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd do it.

Ok, I'd only work for 1 hour a day and telecommute but still. Its also local govt so I'd probably still win "pseudo employee of the month".

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
      Do you ever get tempted to write an eff off email reply?..I know I do.
      I did just that the other day - pimp sent me an email about a permie dev role for 35k....

I was earning more than that 10 years ago..

I replied saying that I assumed it was a part time role for that salary
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

This one is good too.....

I'm looking to recruit 6 experience Project Managers for an initial 3 months contract based in Manchester, you will require to have experience of the following:-

2 x Senior PM - Customer Service Review Strategy
        1 x Senior PM - Service Review
        1 x Senior PM - Organisational Development
        1 x Senior PM - CRM
        1 x Senior PM - Residents Wages

Proven exp. in applying Project Management principles in challenging, high risk environments. Proven expertise of working with Prince 2, or similar, & a commitment to employ the use of such a methodology. An advanced ability in planning a project schedule that clearly defines the scope of the project timetable to achieve the required project outcomes & identify any complex interdependencies. Proven ability in developing complex project schedules that clearly defines the timeline required to achieve the required outcomes. Should be exp. in identifying & monitoring complicated interdependencies, identifying & managing the critical path & utilising the schedule in budget forecasting & planning future resource requirements. Proven ability in managing stakeholder requests to change the duration or scope of the project. Needs to understand the critical importance of change control & how it is implemented. Is required to assess the substance of the change & establish the potential consequences of that change being implemented & how this relates to potential project outcomes. Track record of both managing budgets & the procurement of resources to a project, with an in-depth understanding of the general principles & processes of successful procurement.
        Vacancy Summary

Job TypeContract/TempLocationNorth WestStart Date2009-06-01Duration3 MonthsSalary£160- £174 / day

Comment

Alright chaps,

Fair play it is a low rate but rest assured, I wasn't putting a massive margin on it like you've suggested. The rate AND my margin were both determined by the client on this occasion.

This isn't the only requirement they're releasing either. Basically, what they're doing is taking perm salaries and breaking them down in to daily rates. I've tried to educate the client why they're wrong but, in this market, they're managing to fill the roles on these low rates so they're continuing in the same vein.

Just thought I'd drop a note to let y'all know that I am actually a human being and not trying to fleece anyone.

Anyway, all the best.

Toodle pip ;o)

Comment

Working...
          X