• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

planning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robbo View Post
    I have a piece of land which had a pair of houses demolished on it about 20 years ago. Its now a field. Does anybody know if I would be able to build on it now ?
    The answer is:

Maybe. In some cases yes and in others no.

Only by submitting an outline planning application will you know for sure.

Good luck.

Comment

If they are in what is now a field it sounds like you will probably struggle. I am assuming you can't prove agricultural need. Depending upon where you are a brown envolpe can help as can the magical words "affordable housing".

A good planning agent can be a godsend, but good ones aren't cheap. As has been mentioned check the structure plan to see if the land lies within the current development boundaries, if it doesn't you can lobby to get it included - though this is a long term view since the plan is a 10 year thing.

If it's an outside policy application - which looks likely - then it has to go to committe anyway, a planning officer can't approve under delegated powers, so find out who your district councillor is and try and get them onside.

You may just have an argument it's brownfield, depending upon what the land has previously been used for and when.

Comment

I can see the OP never posting back, mayb ewe should have a festival in his field?

I'll bring the coconut shy, £1 a go, coconuts guaranteed to be nailed on
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          I can see the OP never posting back, mayb ewe should have a festival in his field?

I'll bring the coconut shy, £1 a go, coconuts guaranteed to be nailed on
          I think you may have a good point there. It's a field, shall we have a CUK Gala?

I'll go and steal an ice-cream van.

Comment

did someone order a marquee? i could do with a hand or two to put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              I think you may have a good point there. It's a field, shall we have a CUK Gala?

I'll go and steal an ice-cream van.
              Ive got a mobile sound and light rig and 14Kw of generators to run it. Give me a minute to rig up. Someone bring some choons as I am a bit out of date (then again so are most of you lot).
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                did someone order a marquee? i could do with a hand or two to put it up.
                There you go fella. Done and dusted.

Mr Whippys anyone?

I'll pop down to the greengrocers for some potato sacks in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Ive got a mobile sound and light rig and 14Kw of generators to run it. Give me a minute to rig up. Someone bring some choons as I am a bit out of date (then again so are most of you lot).
                  I've got my 3G modem with me so we can link up a laptop to Spotify

Where's the beer tent?
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

testing, testing, one two.

two

two, two, two

two.

rig sounds okay from here.

Comment

Right, Tom from the Fox is popping down in a minute with some casks of real ale and cider and plastic pint pots, help me with this trestle table.

Comment

Working...
                      X