• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what is the limit for Friday lunchtime drinks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD
    Ah lunchtime drinking... taking the mick big time in the y2k boom years we often went down the pub on a Friday. If the weather was good and the pints were flowing we would often phone up the client saying we were calling it a day, drink more beer and play pool into the evening, followed by a curry and then book into the local hotel leaving our motors at the clients.

Them were the good ol' days.

hyperD in "a touch of threaded" mode.

All good ol boys sleeping in the same dorm'..................

Comment

Brings back memories of BofE, where you were required to have a Friday FTR (Fail To Return) at least once a month.

hic!
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

drinking

Originally posted by MrsGoof
        Brings back memories of BofE, where you were required to have a Friday FTR (Fail To Return) at least once a month.

hic!
        Best one I had was out with three contractors for a quick lunch and returned home at 3.00 am the next morning. It took me three hours to find my car the day after.

The good old days
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

My first real job was at a company that held all meetings in the pub. They also had a company policy of holding all second interviews in the pub, and of requiring all staff to turn up the next day after one of the (frequent) company piss-ups. It didn't matter how late you turned up (even 5 PM was OK) but you had to turn up.

They went bust after a couple of years.

Comment

IT and booze

I had a boozy lunch with an HR director and she described the 'Monday Club', where a bunch of the senior managers used to get so pissed at the weekend they never could make it in on a Monday morning...

Also worked for a Dev Manager who was ex army - complete p*ss head... we used to all have to keep him company on friday afternoons...

Oxford University Press used to serve wine in the staff canteen...

The IT director used to get plastered every friday lunchtime and his secretaries used to avoid him as he acted like a randy old goat...
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
            X