• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do not Pass Go , Do not collect £200

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs Tester and her family seem to follow the European social undemocratic model of market economics. When I own a street that could complete someone else’s set and give them great power and wealth, I demand guarantees of rent free visits, any utilities owned by the purchaser, or 5 years (rounds) of the potential turnover of the complete street set as a purchase price assuming the street set is covered in hotels. I’m an Anglo-Saxon type who believes in getting the full market value for my property. Mrs Tester then gets her family together to vote against me and force me to sell at face value. I then have to suffer being called a ‘money grabbing capitalist barsteward’ by the very person whose handcrafted shoe and luxury hotel budget is financed by my capitalist greed.

Ergo, we don't play monopoly very often.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
      We used to play by putting some money (fines,tax I think) in the middle and if you landed on Free Parking you got it.
      I've played that one, and it changed the game by increasing the money supply. I can't remember much about it now though.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
      X