• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do not Pass Go , Do not collect £200

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ex- was the most easygoing, lovable, funny, intelligent woman on the surface of the planet - until she was playing Monopoly at which time she became Gordon Gekko in female physicist form.

Comment

Has anyone played a game of Monopoly and not have it end in squabbling, bogus claims of victory, accusations of cheating, crying, divorce, laws suits, etc? Ditto for scrabble

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Has anyone played a game of Monopoly and not have it end in squabbling, bogus claims of victory, accusations of cheating, crying, divorce, laws suits, etc? Ditto for scrabble
        No.

My grandmother cheats at Scrabble and is a sore loser.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

No. Mrs Gonzo and myself can only play monopoly if there is a third-party present to keep the peace.

It makes for a most unusual threesome.

Comment

I haven't heard that variant on the "go" rule before. But it's a great idea because it must make the game a lot shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              No one will play Monopoly with me anymore
              Apparently It's cos I always turn into a maniacal, money grabbing, slum landlord and win.

That's what I always try, but I usually overdo it and end up skint
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                No one will play Monopoly with me anymore

Thats because you never go back to their hotels

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

We used to play by putting some money (fines,tax I think) in the middle and if you landed on Free Parking you got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                    We used to play by putting some money (fines,tax I think) in the middle and if you landed on Free Parking you got it.
                    That one is quite a common variation, but not one that I like.

As kids, we ignored various rules,
                    • Houses and Hotels may be sold back to the Bank at any time for one-half the price paid for them
                    • Whenever you land on an unowned property you may buy that property.. if you do not wish to buy the property, the Bank sells it at auction
                    • In order to lift a mortgage, the owner must pay the Bank the amount of mortgage plus 10% interest

Comment

Houses and Hotels may be sold back to the Bank at any time for one-half the price paid for them
                      I had a mate who always sold hotels/houses each turn and moved them to the property which the other players were going to land on next.

it was so annoying and time consuming that we stuck the boat up his nose.

Comment

Working...
                      X