• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I will not buy hp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    After puzzling for a few moments I worked it out.

Firefox + AdBlockPlus =

I had forgotten web pages had adverts. Blimey, don't they take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to load?
    So what`s the best filter list for the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
      So what`s the best filter list for the UK?
      I did struggle and play with those with AdBlock some time ago and got fed up.

When I switched to AdBlockPlus I went with the defaults and got better results.

I have a subscription to EasyElement (the default) and no others.

However, I have added:
      http://techgage.com/adserve/www/deli...php?filename=*

and one exception:
      @@|http://www.mozilla.org/
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I won't buy HP because the HP laptop I bought a) the wireless internet totally broke on it b) soon after the drive died and it would not boot up.

Also my manager's HP monitor was on fire / smoke was eminating from it about 1 month ago right in front of my eyes and no one noticed until the smell was unbearable (true).

Comment

Aren't HP PCs the old Compaq brand? HP used to make their own but I thought they dropped them.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Aren't HP PCs the old Compaq brand? HP used to make their own but I thought they dropped them.
            Yes, I think they are.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The higher end laptops are nice..but my Pavillion is sitting collecting dust while I wait for the twits to figure out a Vista repair for it.

It has a problem with the mscorwks.dll - a part of .net 2.0 - which got toasted with a Media Player Update.. Now nothing loads. Well anything written in .net 2.0 - which is a LOT.

The twits first told me to uninstall .net 2.0 - which you can't do on Vista as its a part of the OS. The only other thing is a complete re-install as they don't offer a repair from the recovery CDs. They said they'd "look into it", but I think that was a fob off.

Crap. never buy their stuff again.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Why won't you just install WinXP on it and live happy? It's not like installing Windows is a difficult thing to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  No. HP took over Compaq (whatever they called the action at the time), because they had complementary product ranges and target markets; so some HP PCs are HP PCs, and some HP PCs are Compaq PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    so some HP PCs are HP PCs, and some HP PCs are Compaq PCs.
                    Most laptops are made in Asia by a handful of big companies that design them - actual hardware is nearly the same, there is almost no difference in laptops these days apart from brand/service levels/price.

Comment

Working...
                    X