• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonychipp
    When you gain basic security clearance, do you get anything to keep to prove it for future contracts like an ID card/certificate?

I got a letter saying my BC clearance lasts 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      I know they do, but they must actually act according to the wording of the advert not use it as a ruse to stop representing non-security cleared candidates.

Only technical competency and willingness counts, not actual clearance itself. If a candidate shows willingness and is technically competent then the agent must treat that candidate equally with security cleared candidates and represent them as equals.
      There is no ruse to prevent non-cleared candiadates from applying for any post. But to say that only compotency and willingness counts is not quite true.

Depending upon the organisation, before you are allowed on site you will be required to provide certain information to prove your identity, and possibly your nationality and a brief check will be made on that information. Journalists and the like have used such opportunities in the past to gain access. Also on certain sites only UK nationals would be considered. This can normally be done within days and should be no bar to suitable individuals applying.

If you are successful in your application then you will need to wait for your clearance to come through before been allowed on site. That may take time, so I would advise that you apply in plenty of time if you do not wish to be unemployed between one contract and another.

Comment

Working...
      X