• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Lunch!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    strawberries, grapes, kiwi. Followed by a muller light rhubarb yohghurt.

Banana & apple later in the afternoon.
    Oh, just have a big meat pie, you know you want to

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      They ride bicycles that go nowhere but have no freewheel function on the flywheel. If you ride really fast it's difficult to slow down and if you ride really slow it's difficult to speed up. Of course, an ex army sergeant major sits on a different coloured instructors bike with a secret freewheel function and electric motor shouting 'speed up you fat bastards' and 'slow down for 10 seconds you 'orrible lot' You can tell if someone's been 'spinning' in a room at the gym by the half inch deep sweat puddles on the floor.
      Thank you for that explanation.

Why not just buy a bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Thank you for that explanation.

Why not just buy a bike?
        Ah, you share my logic, but cycling involves nasty stuff like wind and rain and bus lanes and the average western human just isn't 'ard enough to cope with these challenges. I think many ladies also like having an instructor present who can motivate them/give them some muscles to ogle.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Fish cakes with cabbage....

I will expell callories this afternoon (the odour must come from somewhere, my guess is callories )
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            Will be a salad from the gym, after I've finished my Spin class!!

I am Healthor!!!!! Bow in my presence!!!

Jings !

I remember when you were - well - rather quiet and modest on this board - have you been attending self-assertion classes recently - just curious ?!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              I remember when you were rather quiet and modest on this board

Are you sure you have the right person Alf?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                They ride bicycles that go nowhere but have no freewheel function on the flywheel. If you ride really fast it's difficult to slow down and if you ride really slow it's difficult to speed up. Of course, an ex army sergeant major sits on a different coloured instructors bike with a secret freewheel function and electric motor shouting 'speed up you fat bastards' and 'slow down for 10 seconds you 'orrible lot' You can tell if someone's been 'spinning' in a room at the gym by the half inch deep sweat puddles on the floor.
                Yep - spot on evaluation.

Bloody hell, that knacked!!!

I've got 2 classes per week for the next couple of months.

That clip on Run Fatboy Run when he finishes the class then goes to walk down the stairs and just falls...very accurate!

There's no way you could work that hard on a normal bike.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Not been out much, eh?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Not been out much, eh?
                    No

(busted!)
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yep - spot on evaluation.

Bloody hell, that knacked!!!

I've got 2 classes per week for the next couple of months.

That clip on Run Fatboy Run when he finishes the class then goes to walk down the stairs and just falls...very accurate!

A bit of serious advice; try a bit of weight training as well, perhaps once a week, preferably twice a week. It won’t turn you into one of those ugly body builder women but it’ll help to build a little muscle mass. If you increase muscle mass you’ll burn more calories just keeping those muscles filled with fuel. It works well in combination with aerobic interval exercise like spinning. Don’t believe all that tulip about machines that spot reduce fat; that just doesn’t happen. What does happen is that you tone up your muscles and you basically increase the size of your engine. Big engines burn more petrol than small ones even when they’re just idling.

Read this; http://www.safeslimming.co.uk/Weight...eightLoss.html

By the way, you’re doing the right thing with spinning as it’s high intensity interval training, which is known among fitness instructors and sportspeople to be the quickest way to burn off fat. They don’t tell you that as they often follow the theory that long slow exercise burns fat. It does, but High Intensity interval training burns fat AFTER exercise when you’re sleeping. Here’s a bit of theory; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-in...erval_training
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X