• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women; how it works in restaurants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
    I can't stand waiting for the bill.
    I ask for the bill and if I am still waiting after five minuets then on goes my coat and I walk up to the till. It works every time.
    I have found that if you stand on your table and drop your trousers you do get pretty quick service (had to do this on my stag).

Also I find if you phone the restaurant, ask for the duty manager, and tell him/her the customers on table X asked for their bill 20 mins ago and have still not got it and if they want a tip they'd better bring it over in the next 30 seconds, that tends to work too.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      Also I find if you phone the restaurant, ask for the duty manager, and tell him/her the customers on table X asked for their bill 20 mins ago and have still not got it and if they want a tip they'd better bring it over in the next 30 seconds, that tends to work too.
      I like it - great idea!

Comment

I used to frequent a pub where we had to phone up to get someone to come to the bar and serve us - we only went there because it was cheap and close to work.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          - Waiters giving me the bill and bogging off for another 20 minutes before I can attract their attention to give them my card, and then waiting another 20 mins for them to bring the payment terminal thingy.
          Yes, and why is it a two-phase commit anyway? Why don't they bring the bill and the terminal at the same time.

Also, Italian restaurants who serve you your food and then expect you to know immediately whether you want black pepper on it before you've had chance to taste it.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Also, Italian restaurants who serve you your food and then expect you to know immediately whether you want black pepper on it before you've had chance to taste it.
            You know I've never seen them do that in Italy.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
            X