• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Market!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    FFS!!!!!!!

Twice this week I've discovered job ads that were a perfect fit only to be told they've submitted enough CV's, both times the job had been up less than 48 hours. How can the client be getting the best people for the job?

Getting ******* angry about this now.

The market is tulip, the people we have to deal with are *******, I ******* hate this game now.
    I hear you on that one. I've suffered this kind of thing recently too. Open a cold one this evening and forget about it for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      FFS!!!!!!!

Twice this week I've discovered job ads that were a perfect fit only to be told they've submitted enough CV's, both times the job had been up less than 48 hours. How can the client be getting the best people for the job?

Getting ******* angry about this now.

The market is tulip, the people we have to deal with are *******, I ******* hate this game now.

That happened to me last week as well. Looking at jobs on various websites, it really is dead in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

I think some of the big ClientCos went over the top with their clear outs at the beginning of the year and now need to hire again.
        Interesting observation that Mich. I don't think we're quite there yet with the green shoots of recovery but once the ClientCos start stampeding things will certainly get interesting.

Comment

Attend an interview on Wednesday for some Unix security work that has to start on Monday then...... tumbleweed.......silence.......

Two Interviews setup for Sun Microsystems and then the Oracle takeover hits......... tumbleweed.......silence.......

Good contract in the Midlands. Nice mix of Solaris and AIX and then...... tumbleweed.......silence.......

Things will get better. They just need a little more time.

Comment

Working...
          X