• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accident stories...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lads holiday in Lake District last year, staying in a tent.

Out in town for a few jars, and later return. Gas lamp on and gas stove heating some water, gas stove runs out of gas...

My mate says no probs i've got a spare, due to alcohol we didn't think anything of it and even all watched as he started changing the gas bottle, it then dawned on us that the silly buggar (stuck in his ways) still had those ******* death trap old gas burners that don't re-seal themselves.

So after piercing it and not being able to get the clips round the tent starts filling up with gas, slow motion kicks in with an almighty whoosh then a bang as the gas lamp ignites the gas bottle and literally fills the tent with flames, me and my mate were stuck at the back of the tent and the other 2 made a quick exit out the front.

I bit a hole in the back of the tent and ripped it open, we both dived through only to be confrounted with another layer of tent!!! Luckily one of the other boys lifted the other layer and dragged us out.

Spent the rest of the night in hospital and then a tulipty B&B in Blackpool!

I've got pics some where....
    Last edited by Money Money Money; 24 April 2009, 08:24.
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

When I was but a nipper (15) and at grandparents place I decided to teach myself to drive in one of the old Land Rovers that was around the farm.

Thought I'd got it sussed and was giving myself instruction for 3-4 hours a day, every day, until a few weeks in and deciding that I really wanted to find out what was over a hill a few miles away from the farm.

It had been raining pretty much incessantly and then, foolishly, my belief was that I should put my foot down and drive like the wind. Hitting what I thought was a puddle, I realised that one of the roads through the farm (in actuality, little more than a dirt track) had collapsed into the bog below, and the Landie came to an almost complete halt - it's the fastest I've decelerated in my entire life.

Didn't do much damage to me, other than a nosebleed and an intense feeling of "OMG, I'm in so much bother".

The seemingly indestructible Landie however had to be dragged out of the non-road by another Landie having "stoved its face in". Good job it was all private land - having lost most of its front end there were no headlights, broken steering rack, broken front axle...

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I was hiding in a rusty old nissan shelter, shooting through a hole in the corrugated iron.
        Nissen

Comment

Working...
        X