• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accident stories...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had far too many incidents like this so all I shall say is that when cycling under low bridges - duck (8 stiches & nothing bleeds like a head wound)
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

Let's share those grisly and amusing tales of near-oblivion on the roads/paths/wherever. In a car, on a bike or motorbike, or even just changing a lightbulb or climbing a ladder.

Bizarre how time seems to slow down like this.
      truncate table trade <return>

Time really slooooowed for me just after I did that.

Comment

When I was about 14, I was having an air-rifle shoot out with a school chum. He had the .22 and I had the .177.
        I was hiding in a rusty old nissan shelter, shooting through a hole in the corrugated iron. Next thing, I woke up with blood all over my face and a whopping head ache.
        He got me right between the eyes. The slug is still lodged by my eye near the bridge of my beak, I let people touch it as a party trick, it's made a fair few chuck up because it feels blooming horrible.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          ..........I let people touch it as a party trick, it's made a fair few chuck up because it feels blooming horrible.
          Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            Let's share those grisly and amusing tales of near-oblivion on the roads/paths/wherever. In a car, on a bike or motorbike, or even just changing a lightbulb or climbing a ladder.
            ...or using power tools. And where is Diver?
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BlightyBoy View Post
              If that is the case (and I am not disagreeing with you, as my theory is similar), would it not mean that the same "effect" would be experienced during other periods of elevated adrenaline levels?

I am sure that the levels of adrenaline must relate to the way that neurons fire, and thus, as you say, we perceive time as slowing down?

Would the inverse (i.e. time speeding up) be true if the levels of adrenaline were very low? I don't think so. I am bored out of my skull at work today, adrenaline is very low and yet time just seems to be dragging on and on and on and on ....
              I read something recently about pigeons having this...eyes/brains process information many times faster than we do, so they experience the world moving very slowly indeed. Explains why they leave it to the very last possible second to get off the road when a car is coming...in their eyes, they have all the time in the world.

"Keep them at 24,000"
              "No, feet"

Comment

my 18th birthday. Got completely plastered curtosey of my mates putting too many JD's down my throat.

Walking up the high street later on and decided to have a play fight with a few of the chaps.

Me and my mate had our backs to a plate glass shop window with eachother in a headlock

Another mate decided it would be a good idea to run at us and barge us into the window.

Went bum first backwards through the shop window and ended up laying inside the shop!

Looked up to see about 3 metres of glass hanging above my waist...thought that was gonna be the end of me.

Comment

When I was about 14, I was having an air-rifle shoot out with a school chum. He had the .22 and I had the .177.
                  I was hiding in a rusty old nissan shelter, shooting through a hole in the corrugated iron. Next thing, I woke up with blood all over my face and a whopping head ache.
                  He got me right between the eyes. The slug is still lodged by my eye near the bridge of my beak, I let people touch it as a party trick, it's made a fair few chuck up because it feels blooming horrible.

My friend and I were playing tin can alley with a real air rifle and some deoderant cans. I shot one of them which turned out to be some sort of impenetrable deoderising spraying device and the pellet rebounded and struck my friend, who was stood next to me, right between the eyes. Didn't pierce the skin though, lucky boy.

Comment

When I was in the military, some pissed up squaddies put their mate in a locker and started to float it around in the static water tank, He kicked and screamed but they thought it was hilarious.
                    But he was kicking and screaming because the tiny ventilation holes in the back were letting in the water. A locker with a few inches of water in it gets VERY heavy.
                    Those tanks are 40 ft deep, it took two days to fish him out

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

When I was in the military, some pissed up squaddies put their mate in a locker and started to float it around in the static water tank, He kicked and screamed but they thought it was hilarious.
                      But he was kicking and screaming because the tiny ventilation holes in the back were letting in the water. A locker with a few inches of water in it gets VERY heavy.
                      Those tanks are 40 ft deep, it took two days to fish him out

dead I presume?

Comment

Working...
                      X