• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

St Georges Day .. tomorrow !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Good idea. How about Prince Philip?
    That would be so cool, but hes strictly another bubble, so no.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

... and just in time to celebrate, HMG increase the cost of booze by 2% from tonight. What timing !!!!

Comment

I believe that the patron saint of Germany, St. Boniface, is, or was, an Englishman
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The whole Patron Saint thing is a load of old outdated catholic b*ll*cks.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            But handy for a day off work and a piss up... unless you are English of course.

You lot have no sense of National Pride - actually it's hard for you to have pride in the flag and all that malarkey - the hooligans have made sure of that.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              I quite like the whole Eastern European "Name Day" thing. It's a bit like having two birthdays.

Also means that people with stupid names only get one day...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                But handy for a day off work and a piss up... unless you are English of course.

You lot have no sense of National Pride - actually it's hard for you to have pride in the flag and all that malarkey - the hooligans have made sure of that.
                The first problem for the English is that the rest of us celebrate our particular national identity by contrast with Britain (whether we love Britain or not). The English can't do that because, in the main, they have no sense of a difference between England and Britain. That is precisely what has always irritated the rest of us when they say England for Britain. Nowadays most right-minded English people put some effort into not making that howler, but they are stymied because they really can't tell the difference.

The second problem is that as soon as they really learn to tell the difference, they will feel English as distinct from British, and at that moment Britain is finished. It will not be rebellious Scots but cantankerous Englishmen who break up the United Kingdom.

At the moment, most of you don't believe that, don't understand it, or don't care. I'll remind you that I told you so when it comes about.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  I will be meeting up with a load of friends tomorrow evening in a village pub for a few pints of real ale. If the weather remains like this it will be a truly memorable occasion.

I hope everybody else is going to celebrate our patron saints day, regardless of your nationality !!!!
                  Not just our patron saint.

Also, please remember that St George didn't slay a dragon and never set foot on English soil.

Hth.

Churchill
                  Kt T

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Not just our patron saint.

Also, please remember that St George didn't slay a dragon and never set foot on English soil.

Hth.

Churchill
                    Kt T

I really don't care to be honest. It's a good excuse for a few beers with my mates, and I'll settle for that.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      cantankerous Englishmen who break up the United Kingdom.
                      The sooner the better - it seems to me that most scots and many welsh don't want the union. It's retained these days to get labour voted into power.

Comment

Working...
                      X