• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heiress bids to cut ex-husband out of £100m fortune

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    British Courts are global leaders in giving maximum in divorce to women : its a great British money earner!
    Sorry to jump in with both feet after the event.

But when I first started working (a long time ago), one of the women in the office divorced her husband and she had to give him everything she had (which was the marital home) - she came out of the marriage, with only £2.5k in assets! One of my mothers friends about 10years ago, decided to divorce her husband because he had never had a job, and she no longer wanted to support him. She had to buy him a house to the value of 75% of the marital home. (She was allowed to keep 25% because she had custody of their only child). Most women become dependant on men simply because they let them, or in many cases expect it.

Its all about proving dependency - if one partner becomes dependant on the other (and you don't have to be married if you can prove dependency, but you may have to go to court to prove it) then they have the right to be dependant on you even if you are no longer together, it can happen the other way too! (Didn't Madonna have to give Guy Richie some of her money?)

My partner and I may help each other - but neither of us are dependant on the other, so as long as we continue this way - neither has a claim on the others assets.

Comment

Originally posted by Little'Old Me View Post
      (Didn't Madonna have to give Guy Richie some of her money?)
      Only to prevent him from releasing new blockbuster video of her...allegedly...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Only to prevent him from releasing new blockbuster video of her...allegedly...
        and save the world from a fate worse than death.......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I think the family courts have given men good reasons to put them off getting divorced.

If they could just do the same for women.....

Unfortunately the courts give reason for a man with means never to get married. If a man has property that he has built up over decades, where is the sense in risking being destitute in old age due to divorce ? Pre-nuptual agreements should be binding IMO for this reason.

Comment

Working...
          X