• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unbenched!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Well done, MTT!
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Comment

Thanks everyone. I was beginning to get used to the bench; ah well, back to making money again.

Best of luck to everyone. Just keep plugging away at it. There ARE contracts, but they're often a bit shorter than in the past and sometimes the rates are crap. My rate on this one will be quite a bit less than I've become accustomed to, but hey, I'll still be earning twice as much as a permie, so I can't complain.

Have now restocked wine cellar with some Grands Échezaux in anticipation of much merriment with Mrs Tester. Of course, she's out buying shoes, as women do when they want to celebrate something.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Where is it ? are you still abroad ? well done

Yep, still in NL. I was about to go to Brussels for an interview, but then these guys called, said they'd heard I was good (I must have bribed the right people with my christmas wine bottles) and would I come along straight away and talk with them. Sure, I said, and a few hours later the contract was arranged.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Yep, still in NL. I was about to go to Brussels for an interview, but then these guys called, said they'd heard I was good (I must have bribed the right people with my christmas wine bottles) and would I come along straight away and talk with them. Sure, I said, and a few hours later the contract was arranged.
              impressed to fck
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                New contract starts tomorrow.
                Well done!

Comment

Well done that man!

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.