• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Country with the biggest network of high speed trains?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You normally get your money back if the service is delayed more than 15 minutes. Can you imagine that happening in the UK?

Word of warning though - they charge more if you book at the station instead of using the internet. I think they hope to make money on all the tourists who use the line.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      You normally get your money back if the service is delayed more than 15 minutes. Can you imagine that happening in the UK?
      In theory you can do this on UK trains too. Not sure what the "late" threshold is though. http://www.traindelays.co.uk/

Word of warning though - they charge more if you book at the station instead of using the internet. I think they hope to make money on all the tourists who use the line.
      And why not?

Works the same in London with foreign folk not being told about Oyster being 50% cheaper than paying cash (unless they can read the same signs locals can read)...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

NO cheap fares if you don't speak Spanish...

http://southofwatford.blogspot.com/2...-you-dont.html

Not saying they're not entitled to do this; just pointing out you should be careful.

Como un hispanohablante no tengo problemas con este...
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

NO cheap fares if you don't speak Spanish...

http://southofwatford.blogspot.com/2...-you-dont.html

Not saying they're not entitled to do this; just pointing out you should be careful.

Como un hispanohablante no tengo problemas con este...
          esto

Comment

jejeje!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Japan? France? Germany?

You'd be wrong:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124018395386633143.html

Now why can't we do that?
              I imagine we received the same level of EU subsidies as Spain we could.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                I imagine we received the same level of EU subsidies as Spain we could.
                High speed (200 mph+) rail link: London-Brum-Manchester-Leeds-Glasgow is deemed to cost £20 bln, by comparison 2.5% VAT cut will cost Treasury £12.5 per year.

Comment

but the lowered VAT kick-started the economy to former glory days - so it is money well spent.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Did the train from Madrid to Seville, made the Glasgow to Edinburgh train look like Doctor Zhivago, Alec Guinness selling the tickets as the red's cavalry stormed out the box section.

Comment

<dull_trivia>Dr Zhivago was (mostly) filmed in Spain.</dull_trivia>

Comment

Working...
                      X