• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Secret police intelligence was given to E.ON

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp View Post

If the protesters had forced the power station to shut down it could have caused massive disruption with trains, hospitals etc without power.
    This is not stricly true. Losing a single power station is a common occurance and the grid can easily survive this.

Losing power lines is a slightly different matter, but generally only residential areas have single source.

Working in the industry, sharing security information is good, but in this case may be a step too far. E.ON only needed to be told that a protest would happen and any info on possible tactics.

BTW - they sponsor that very English institution the FA cup. npower (owned by RWE - another German company) sponsor Cricket - how British is that?
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's no secret that intelligence is shared between the police and key corporates' business continuity departments, in the interests of national security, to try and prevent disruption to UK Plc.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        It's no secret that intelligence is shared between the police and key corporates' business continuity departments, in the interests of national security, to try and prevent disruption to UK Plc.
        http://www.cpni.gov.uk/
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          The police will police it, they're simply sharing information with the relevant security departments so if needs be they could bring in extra staff, cancel holidays, etc.
          I realise that this is way above your head and beyond your obviously limited intelligence, but if there is a threat to national security then it is up to the police and the security services to police it (you may notice the big clue in the fact that "police" is a verb and an organisation), not power companies or their subcontractors. The level of information they divulged was clearly way beyond advising them to cancel holidays.

I still can't figure out if you are indeed a complete moron, or if you are just here on a big wind up.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            WHS
            I think your response was a tad out of proportion PMJ. So what if the information shared was for more than staff allocation? It's key infrastructure and as such is a legitimate intelligence priority.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              I think your response was a tad out of proportion PMJ. So what if the information shared was for more than staff allocation? It's key infrastructure and as such is a legitimate intelligence priority.
              ...not at all. Read this character's past posts - he/she appears to have been on a wind up for ages so it is difficult to know whether to take his/her "contributions" seriously or not.

I'm beginning to think it is a sockpuppet - so perhaps best not to rise to the bait any more.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Well actually the bigger question is whether we are the only country in the world to have foreign companies run our key infrastructure.
                The short-sightedness of that is mind-boggling.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  I realise that this is way above your head and beyond your obviously limited intelligence, but if there is a threat to national security then it is up to the police and the security services to police it (you may notice the big clue in the fact that "police" is a verb and an organisation), not power companies or their subcontractors. The level of information they divulged was clearly way beyond advising them to cancel holidays.

I still can't figure out if you are indeed a complete moron, or if you are just here on a big wind up.
                  Hmmm, you obviously are cut up about something I've posted previously. If I annoy you that much, add me to your ignore list, it's not hard.

BERR officials passed a strategy document belonging to the "environmental protest community" to E.ON
                  I'm guessing the protestor's strategy document details what they plan on doing to disrupt the power station

Government officials forwarded a Metropolitan police intelligence document to E.ON, detailing the movements and whereabouts of climate protesters in the run-up to demonstration.
                  I'm guessing that it's to advise them Joe Bloggs is 10 miles away from you on such and such a day indicating a sneaky attack.

E.ON passed its planning strategy for the protest to the department's civil servants
                  That's going from E.ON to the government detailing what they're doing about the protest

BERR and E.ON tried to share information about their media strategies before the protest, and civil servants asked the energy company for press contacts for EDF, BP and Kent police.
                  Erm, what's so horrifyingly wrong about that?

Is it all of the above that worries you or just a single point?

Now getting back to the Guardian scaremongering, none of that material would be protectively marked Secret.

Getting back to the Sockpuppet part, I'll be in Richmond on the 29th, come along if you want to say Hello.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Well actually the bigger question is whether we are the only country in the world to have foreign companies run our key infrastructure.
                    The short-sightedness of that is mind-boggling.

Not at all, brilliant strategy on the part of Gordon Brown and his commie cronies seeing how we're all going to be part of the United States of Europe. They're just ensuring they're on the right side of the boardroom come retirement from government.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                      Getting back to the Sockpuppet part, I'll be in Richmond on the 29th, come along if you want to say Hello.
                      You and what? The other 2 folk on here who have said they will go. Must be your contraceptive personality.

Comment

Working...
                      X