• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football related thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    How many clubs could take 80,000+ fans to Seville for a UEFA Cup final?
    Or 200,000+ to Manchester.

Pity we left a couple in the cells.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Realistically, neither Celtic nor Rangers would qualify for the Champions League very often, and they will almost certainly have won their last league titles for many years.

All they'd have to look forward to every season is fighting for a Europa Cup spot with the likes of Fulham, Wigan, West Ham and Spurs. Then putting out weakened teams in it so they can concentrate on precious league points.
      I was at the Celtic game on Saturday, 60,000 to watch a game against Aberdeen. The board has said that they will extend the stadium to 80,000 if we get into the EPL. In terms of British clubs potential really only Man U exceed us. Still, I do not want to move to the English Premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Still, I do not want to move to the English Premiership.
        Good for you......

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          Or 200,000+ to Manchester.

Pity we left a couple in the cells.

I suppose that is the differnce between us,

Mayor of seville..

Mr Monteseirin said: "I am writing from Seville to you on the excellent behaviour, good fun and good manners shown by thousands of Celtic supporters during their stay in our city.

"You should feel proud to have fans such as these in Glasgow who give their city and country a good name.

"I would like to send publicly the congratulations of the City of Seville to the fans and, in general, to all the citizens of Glasgow.

"We hope to see you again in Seville on a similar occasion, when you will surely be luckier on the playing field."
          Contrasted with..

Closed-circuit television footage released by Greater Manchester Police showed an officer being isolated and stamped on by a baying mob described by a police chief as acting like a pack of wolves. As fans held their arms aloft in seeming triumph, the policeman managed to escape with a broken arm.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            an officer being isolated and stamped on by a baying mob described by a police chief as acting like a pack of wolves. As fans held their arms aloft in seeming triumph, the policeman managed to escape with a broken arm.

Feel sorry for policeman

Comment

Working...
            X