• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How worried are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    London, got a young family so working elsewhere wasn't really an option.
    I'm quite lucky the sector I'm in doesn't really do boom and bust, always seems to be boom. I reckon if the market dried up though I'd be straight back up the road.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      I'm quite lucky the sector I'm in doesn't really do boom and bust, always seems to be boom. I reckon if the market dried up though I'd be straight back up the road.
      What line are you Incognoto ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        So you're working on a government project?

Nah, I realised, the hard way, that 14 years in finance isn't necessarily a great thing when the sector completely crumbles ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          So you're working on a government project?

Nah, I realised, the hard way, that 14 years in finance isn't necessarily a great thing when the sector completely crumbles ...
          Yup, something like that.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

What are you worried about SA? I thought you'd be loaded by now!

We have a mortgage to pay and a little mouth to feed on my wife's 7k part time council salary... now that is worrying.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              We have a mortgage to pay and a little mouth to feed on my wife's 7k part time council salary... now that is worrying.
              Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                Ditto
                I'm booking an appointment with Nationwide to get our mortgage switched to interest only then I will take whatever I can get, even if I get a role with a decent rate we'll keep it that way so I can build up a war chest for next time.

I’m reading Paul McKenna’s ‘Change your life in 7 days’ to keep my self esteem up, it would be so easy to slip into despair in this situation.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Feel ok for now, but will be bricking myself if nothing is happening by September.

Although my bench stint is not by choice I'm ok with the prospect of taking a long break, my eldest starts school in September and we'll be living the school holidays timetable for the next 20 years, so with the recession on I reason this year is as good a time as any to have a break.

Comment

If there was no war chest I would be bricking it, there is absolutely no work around.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      Ditto
                      You're feeding his wife and little un too?
                      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Working...
                      X