• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You could sack 25% of people in most large companies with no ill effect

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    More than 25% in public sector organisations......

Mind you, the remaining lot would moan the **** about it, despite them STILL not really having a proper workload.

"How are we meant to cope with all this work?!?!?!?" etc. they say on their tenth break of the day.
    Yes but they're one tier above the dole, what else are you going to do with them? Benefits and some public sector jobs are the necessary price we pay to stop the peasants revolting.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

There would be an ill effect as the 25% good people are generally working at 110% to make up for the rest, if the crap 25% left what little they did would be dumped on the good people, who cannot take on anymore

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        It took you 20 years to figure this out?
        what is remarkable is how that ratio stays constant across organisations and sectors
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          I know which group you belong to
          Are you farting again?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

IME there are often many people who are quite good but do next to nothing because they are not given much to do.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              IME there are often many people who are quite good but do next to nothing because they are not given much to do.
              Christ on a bike! Where can I get one of those jobs? I might even go permie for some of that.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Christ on a bike! Where can I get one of those jobs? I might even go permie for some of that.
                Join the public sector gravy train
                tut tut..

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  tut tut..
                  WHS!
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    tut tut..

So true !! I noticed on the news that they are now recruiting masses of social workers from outside the EU on 42K a year because there are not the applicants available in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      You could sack 25% of people in most large companies with no ill effect
                      The owners of the company might complain though. Especially as I don't work there.

How could this be done? Well. Turn up at reception and before they start asking awkward about what you are doing there mount a surprise attack and sack security and receptionists, and anyone else loitering around, so that's the enemies front line broken. A very good start. Then instigate a pincer movement on the canteen and HR departments - they won't be expecting that. Excellent work. After a quick cull of management (top floors) your are now free to dismiss whom you please. There is nothing to stop you now, so why stop at 25% while you are on a roll?

Comment

Working...
                      X