• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPCC tries to muzzle bad news.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If you say you don't support Labour then fine, I'll take your word for it.

It does not change my basic premise however that you are an idiot on the grounds of you having no clue how policing is done in countries where police (and the state) does abuse its powers in a very real way.
    How would you know that I have "no clue how policing is done in countries where police (and the state) does abuse its powers in a very real way", since I have never commented on "how policing is done in countries where police (and the state) does abuse its powers in a very real way"?

But OK, I'll gve you the premise that I have no clue on that. So what? Does that make me an idiot? How so? I don't think that what other police do has anything to do with whether our police's actions are right or wrong. You do think that: so argue it.
    Last edited by expat; 15 April 2009, 09:06.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      How would you know that I have "no clue how policing is done in countries where police (and the state) does abuse its powers in a very real way", since I have never commented on "how policing is done in countries where police (and the state) does abuse its powers in a very real way"?
      You don't have a clue because (using simple analogy here so that you could understand) when you see people dieing from plague on some 3rd world country one does not comment on light flue in some more developed country more than this light flue deserves.

But OK, I'll gve you the premise that I have no clue on that. So what? Does that make me an idiot? How so?
      The reason you are an idiot is not even the fact that police in this country is pretty damn perfect compared with countries where police (on orders from Govt) abuse powers by beating the heck out of peaceful demostrators, no this could be put down to lack of experience of outside world, the reason you are an idiot is because you derive conclusion about whole police force on the basis of one or two examples during this big demo. Both are being under investigation - justice takes time and will be served when ready, not when lynch mob shouts for it.

Comment

...the reason you are an idiot is because you derive conclusion about whole police force on the basis of one or two examples during this big demo. Both are being under investigation - justice takes time and will be served when ready, not when lynch mob shouts for it.
        The question is not, did the police employ, and deploy, a couple of thugs at the G20 demo. The question is, is the behaviour that we think we saw those two men use exceptional and not desired by the force, or is it policy?

Have the police and the goverment moved from the idea of managing protest to the idea of suppressing it? The latter is not acceptable in our country, no matter how common it might be in others.

Comment

The question is not, did the police employ, and deploy, a couple of thugs at the G20 demo. The question is, is the behaviour that we think we saw those two men use exceptional and not desired by the force, or is it policy?

Have the police and the goverment moved from the idea of managing protest to the idea of suppressing it? The latter is not acceptable in our country, no matter how common it might be in others.
          I think you are banging your head against a brick wall here.

The logic according to AtWat...."country A has 10 murders, country B has 5 murders - so country B has no business pointing out that 5 murders is a bad thing because country A has more."

But then since he is an expert in all things, you probably have no business disagreeing with him in the first place
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The question is, is the behaviour that we think we saw those two men use exceptional and not desired by the force, or is it policy?
              The answer to can be found only after investigation which is taking place now. Posting video out of context may prejudice or make harder potential trial of that policeman for manslaughter.

I agree it's not acceptable, however clearly since only 2 policemen were involved in things like this out of how many thousands present there, it is clear that they hand no policy to beat the tulip of demostrators.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                The logic according to AtWat...."country A has 10 murders, country B has 5 murders - so country B has no business pointing out that 5 murders is a bad thing because country A has more."
                In the year when De'Menezes was unfortunately shot dead in London the whole UK police made I believe 9 (nine) shots from weapons in the whole year.

So when looking at this tragic incident one must bear in mind that shouting "police is doing bloody murder on the streets" should be kept in context of how police acts in other countries, not France or Germany as differences are too minor to notice, but say Russia - where police is armed with assault rifles (!) on normal days.

Comment

But say Russia - where police is armed with assault rifles (!) on normal days.
                  True, but can they afford the bullets

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                    True, but can they afford the bullets
                    Yes plenty - that's cheap resource in Russia, the only thing cheaper is human life

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy tulipe View Post
                      I see you are as ignorant as ever. This law:

The rest of your post is a puerile irrelevance to the debate.
                      But interestingly, the same points were made in tonight's Newsnight - you thick Tory automaton.

Comment

Working...
                      X