• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPCC tries to muzzle bad news.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, one good thing about CCTV is that even the Police have to watch their actions now.

Before CCTV was installed in the town where I live, I witnessed several incidents where people were beaten by Superintendents carrying sticks for no apparent reason except that they were on their way home after a few pints!

Now they have to get them in the back of the van before they give them a good kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by up4it View Post
      Before CCTV was installed in the town where I live, I witnessed several incidents where people were beaten by Superintendents carrying sticks for no apparent reason except that they were on their way home after a few pints!
      Was that in Tibet?

Comment

I don't think Buddhists are meant to drink are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Well what's the point.

Everyone seems to think that copper is guilty without a trial so how about we just flog him on the spot now.
          It all depends on if he votes Labour or not.

Comment

IPCC cover up?

I told you AGW was bollox!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              When you investigate something that is likely to lead to criminal charges you don't want evidence to be published willy nilly until proper time - in court.

Video evidence is the worst - it would make jury selection harder, you don't want such things to be published as it would give defence lawyers extra ammunition.

Isn't that obvious?
              You're right, AtW, that must be why the police don't like to be filmed

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                You're right, AtW, that must be why the police don't like to be filmed
                You are an idiot who does not know what really bad police is like. Perhaps you should have been born in some of those 3rd world countries like Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  You are an idiot who does not know what really bad police is like.
                  As opposed to you who is just a plain idiot?

Comment

... and Labour are bringing in a law that will make it illegal to photograph policemen. That says it all about Labour !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      As opposed to you who is just a plain idiot?
                      I do have experience of both Russian and UK police and I say categorically that people who have not experienced both styles and complain about UK police should STFU until they experience some real 3rd world policing.

It's totally retarded to judge police on the basis of a handful cases like this - it's like making a conclusion about whole UK population being criminal on the basis that some of it are murderers, rapists etc.

In my book an idiot is a person who makes far reaching conclusions on the basis of non-representative examples like in this case, ffs, just how many policemen were attending that demo and how many behaved in a bad way? This ratio is sure as heck lower than that of "demostration" members who stormed RBS HQ to loot it.

Comment

Working...
                      X