• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to abolish the NHS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Sorry, but you are clearly talking out of your backside ...
    Why? Do you not see that something is wrong when the NHS is the 3rd largest employer in the world?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      I did, via NI contributions ...
      And you think everyone's NI contributions are enough to run the NHS indefinitely?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I think the nanny state is defined by the fact that of you get pissed and behave like an arse you'll be looked after.
        My point is exactly against the nanny state - feel free to get pissed, cut yourself, take drugs whatever - just don;t expect the state to bear the brunt of the cost.
        Guess the same logic applies to people who get rescued in the sea or up on mountains. In fact any 'risky' behaviour - where do you draw the line with this one?

Should we go all Michael Jackson (Avoiding the kids of course)?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I did, via NI contributions ...
          That is one of the major issues with the NI system - people like you think that you have paid into a fund that will cover you when you need it.

What has really happened is that you have paid to cover the people that needed it over the last few years. There is no money set aside to cover you now.

Comment

It would be interesting to see you would restructure Healthcare if the NHS was abolished. Most of you say you can afford to go private or have Private healthcare insurance However:-

Currently no private hospital has an A&E department and is also not covered under any private healthcare insurance ( in this country) so this would have to be changed, most likely leading to a huge increase in charges.

With no NHS in the event of you or a member of your family being involved in a accident or having a heart attack ect, could you imagine having to prove you have insurance or the means to pay before you can receive treatment? Don’t forget having to pay for the ambulance as well!

“ I am sorry Mrs Smith, Jonny’s name does not show he is insured, and you credit card is up to it’s limit – can you provide us with proof that payment will be received – the bill currently is £5000 for the A&E treatment and we expect another 10 grand for the operation and aftercare. Is there anyone else’s credit card he can have?”

And think about any pre-existing conditions you suffer from may not be covered ( either excluded or your premium heavily loaded to cover any expected cost).

Also, although most of you may have a private dentist already, but what about those who are currently treated under the NHS? What if you were asked to by 4 grand for standard orthodontic treatment for your kids?

Then there is opticians, again standard eyetest’s costing 100 quid for you and your kids? ( ½ consultation fee) plus no free glasses for children.
            So what if you cannot afford to pay – what do you then offer – means tested Health Care?

I agree there needs to be a reform of the NHS , and I also feel private care has it’s place as well,

So what is a workable alternative? bearing in mind not everyone are in the high income bracket.
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Guess the same logic applies to people who get rescued in the sea or up on mountains. In fact any 'risky' behaviour - where do you draw the line with this one?

?
              Indeed. Why should there be a million pound bill for the state to rescue some self-indulgent adventurer? Especially as such people tend to be well off any way?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                It would be interesting to see you would restructure Healthcare if the NHS was abolished. Most of you say you can afford to go private or have Private healthcare insurance However:-

Currently no private hospital has an A&E department and is also not covered under any private healthcare insurance ( in this country) so this would have to be changed, most likely leading to a huge increase in charges.

With no NHS in the event of you or a member of your family being involved in a accident or having a heart attack ect, could you imagine having to prove you have insurance or the means to pay before you can receive treatment? Don’t forget having to pay for the ambulance as well!

“ I am sorry Mrs Smith, Jonny’s name does not show he is insured, and you credit card is up to it’s limit – can you provide us with proof that payment will be received – the bill currently is £5000 for the A&E treatment and we expect another 10 grand for the operation and aftercare. Is there anyone else’s credit card he can have?”

And think about any pre-existing conditions you suffer from may not be covered ( either excluded or your premium heavily loaded to cover any expected cost).

Also, although most of you may have a private dentist already, but what about those who are currently treated under the NHS? What if you were asked to by 4 grand for standard orthodontic treatment for your kids?

Then there is opticians, again standard eyetest’s costing 100 quid for you and your kids? ( ½ consultation fee) plus no free glasses for children.
                So what if you cannot afford to pay – what do you then offer – means tested Health Care?

I agree there needs to be a reform of the NHS , and I also feel private care has it’s place as well,

So what is a workable alternative? bearing in mind not everyone are in the high income bracket.
                According to WHO, France has the best healthcare system in the world. They are a country with a similar sized economy and population. Can we not learn from them?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

According to WHO, France has the best healthcare system in the world. They are a country with a similar sized economy and population. Can we not learn from them?
                  you mean, always have wine with lunch?
                  Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                  You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Why? Do you not see that something is wrong when the NHS is the 3rd largest employer in the world?
                    That would be a debate I would happily participate in. However, someone who calls for the abolition of the NHS purely because there are problems with the management of it is simply an attention seeking troll who is trying to wind people up.

Clearly you have nothing better to do with your time.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      and your share for those who cannot afford to pay? Or were you planning to renegue on that responsibility?
                      renege

**** em. There's too many people on the world anyway. If you can't afford treatment then you obviously aren't worth saving.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X