• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The New financial Year Has Began

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is the April 5/6 tax year something very English, or is it used in EU/USA also? Just wondering if I should be looking for clients abroad flush with a new budget...
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Very English - most other places have 31/12 year ends, IIRC
    The tax year end in Australia is 30th June, in New Zealand it is 31st March.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Is the April 5/6 tax year something very English, or is it used in EU/USA also? Just wondering if I should be looking for clients abroad flush with a new budget...
      Very British, actually. Comes from when the official year started at the start of Spring, = the First Point of Aries, as the astronomical and indeed astrological years still do. Then the Julian-Gregorian calendar change pushed it forward to 6 April.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        are
        Er there is a lot of people.

(You'd have been correct if it had read "there are lots of people", i.e. more than one lot.)

I only posted because someone pointed out that everyone is being nitpicky today,
        and if you can't beat 'em join 'em.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
          Happy new year!!
          Roll on those jobs, let us all sing and rejoice our Annus horribilis has come to an end and we can look forward with renewed vigour...

I'm due to be benched in 4 weeks if any clienco's require a project manager.

New PM site launched here for the new year : Project Manager Jobs

Comment

jobserve has briefly hit 24000 ads today, highest I've seen for a long time, not that it means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              jobserve has briefly hit 24000 ads today, highest I've seen for a long time, not that it means anything.
              Yeah, but they're all from Billy flipping Jenkins of MA Associates

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                New PM site launched here for the new year : Project Manager Jobs
                Good idea but seems to just be a portal onto the existing Technojobs site.

Comment

Working...
                X